The Colorado Rockies (4-1) will try to keep a four-game win streak going when they host the Chicago Cubs (3-2) on Thursday at 8:40 PM ET. The Rockies are favored (-137) over the Cubs (+117). Colorado has Kyle Freeland starting things off, and Chicago will send out Justin Steele.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rockies vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Thursday, April 14, 2022
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies ranked 21st in baseball with 182 home runs last season. They averaged 1.3 per game.
- The Rockies had the sixth-best batting average in the league (.249).
- Last season the Rockies were the 11th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.6 runs per game (739 total).
- The club struck out 8.4 times per game, the ninth-best mark in the league.
- The Rockies hit 104 homers at home last season (1.3 per game).
- The Rockies averaged 3.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .475 in home contests.
- The team batted .280 with 764 hits (9.4 per game) at home last season.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron had 132 hits and an OBP of .375 last season.
- Kris Bryant slashed .265/.353/.481 and finished with an OPS of .834.
- Charlie Blackmon had a .411 slugging percentage last season thanks to 42 extra-base hits.
- Ryan McMahon slashed .254/.331/.449 and finished with an OPS of .780.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs hit 210 homers last season, which ranked 11th in the league.
- The Cubs ranked 23rd in MLB with a .237 team batting average.
- The Cubs scored 705 runs (4.4 per game) last season, which ranked 21st in MLB.
- The Cubs ranked last in strikeouts per game (9.9) among MLB offenses.
- They hit 99 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .395 in away games last season with 233 extra-base hits.
- In away games last season, they had a .233 AVG with 7.9 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ accumulated an on-base percentage of .323 and had 105 hits last season.
- Jonathan Villar had a .416 slugging percentage while batting .249.
- Willson Contreras had 20 doubles, 21 home runs and 52 walks while hitting .237 last season.
- Frank Schwindel hit .326 with 20 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 16 walks.
Rockies vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers