The Houston Astros (8-9) visit the Texas Rangers (6-11) on Wednesday at 8:05 PM ET. The Astros are favored (-130) against the underdog Rangers (+111). Cristian Javier starts for Houston while Texas will counter with Glenn Otto.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros are fifth-best in MLB play with 19 total home runs.
- The Astros’ .209 batting average ranks 27th in the league.
- The Astros’ .285 on-base percentage ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Astros strike out 8.1 times per game, the eighth-best mark in baseball.
- The Astros average 1.2 homers per game when playing on the road this season (13 total in road contests).
- The Astros are slugging .364 with 2.7 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- Away from home this season the team averages 6.9 hits per game and is batting .208.
Astros Key Batters
- Alex Bregman has 16 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .377.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Bregman is 55th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 40th, and he is 45th in slugging.
- Jeremy Pena leads Houston in total hits (14) this season while batting .246 with seven extra-base hits.
- Pena is 85th in batting average, 85th in on-base percentage and 44th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Michael Brantley has hit two homers with a team-high .459 SLG this season.
- Yordan Alvarez is batting .200 with a .280 OBP and seven RBI for Houston this season.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank 17th in Major League Baseball with 14 home runs.
- The Rangers’ .227 batting average ranks 17th in the league this season.
- The Rangers have an OBP of .295 this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- The Rangers are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking third with an average of 7.5 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit five homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in eight home contests this season.
- They are slugging .315 in eight home games this season.
- In eight home games this season, they have a batting average of .226 while averaging 7.6 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Nate Lowe has put up an on-base percentage of .408, a slugging percentage of .470, and has 24 hits, all club-bests for the Rangers.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Lowe ranks fourth in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 25th and he is 50th in slugging.
- Lowe hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Adolis Garcia is hitting .203 with three doubles, three home runs and six walks.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Garcia’s batting average places him 132nd, his on-base percentage ranks 119th, and he is 89th in slugging.
- Jonah Heim is hitting .333 with a double, two home runs and five walks.
- Corey Seager has a double, a home run and five walks while batting .258.
Astros vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers