The Chicago Cubs (9-17) visit the San Diego Padres (19-10) on Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Cubs are underdogs (+140) against the favored Padres (-161). San Diego’s Mike Clevinger and Chicago’s Wade Miley will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 14th in MLB play with 25 total home runs .
- The Padres’ .223 batting average ranks 22nd in the league.
- The Padres are sixth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .319.
- The Padres strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 20 average in the league.
- The Padres have hit 12 home runs at home this season (0.8 per game).
- The Padres have a .322 slugging percentage and are averaging two extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .201 with 93 hits (6.2 per game) at home this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Manny Machado has 42 hits and an OBP of .460 to go with a slugging percentage of .642. All three of those stats rank first among San Diego hitters this season.
- Machado is first in batting average, second in on-base percentage, and third in slugging among qualified batters in baseball.
- Machado has picked up at least one hit in five straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .471 with two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
- Eric Hosmer is batting .351 with eight doubles, three home runs and 13 walks.
- Among qualifying batters, Hosmer is fourth in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage and 15th in slugging percentage.
- Hosmer brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is batting .222 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Jurickson Profar has 16 hits this season and has a slash line of .170/.307/.383.
- Jake Cronenworth has been key for San Diego with 22 hits, an OBP of .323 plus a slugging percentage of .321.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 20 home runs rank 23rd in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs rank 14th in MLB with a .233 team batting average.
- The Cubs have the 11th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.314).
- The Cubs are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking 10th with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 13 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .384 in away games this season with 40 extra-base hits.
- In 13 road games this season, they have a batting average of .244 while averaging 8.2 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Seiya Suzuki has six doubles, a triple, four home runs and 16 walks while batting .256.
- Suzuki ranks 66th in batting average, 30th in on-base percentage and 26th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the big leagues.
- Willson Contreras is batting .256 with six doubles, a triple, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Contreras ranks 66th in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage and 39th in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Ian Happ a has .387 on-base percentage to lead the Cubs.
- Patrick Wisdom paces his team with 19 hits.
Padres vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers