The Oakland Athletics (15-23) will attempt to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Minnesota Twins (21-15) on Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Athletics (+125) are not projected to end the streak against the Twins (-145). Minnesota has Dylan Bundy starting things off, while Oakland counters with James Kaprielian.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins rank ninth-best in MLB play with 38 total home runs.
- The Twins are 12th in MLB with a .237 batting average.
- The Twins rank 13th in the league with a .314 on-base percentage.
- The Twins strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 19 mark in the league.
- The Twins average 0.7 homers per game when playing on the road this season (11 total in road contests).
- The Twins are averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .372 on the road.
- The club averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .245 away from home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Byron Buxton is hitting .256 with five doubles, 11 home runs and six walks.
- Buxton will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .167 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Jorge Polanco has an OPS of .727, fueled by an OBP of .336 and a team-best slugging percentage of .391 this season.
- Polanco is 98th in batting average, 71st in on-base percentage and 96th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Max Kepler leads his team in OBP (.341) and total hits (27) this season.
- Luis Arraez has been key for Minnesota with 28 hits, an OBP of .412 plus a slugging percentage of .386.
- Arraez takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .400 with a double and four walks.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics have hit just 22 homers this season, which ranks 27th in the league.
- The Athletics rank last in MLB with a team batting average of just .198.
- The Athletics are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking last with an OBP of .267.
- The Athletics rank 25th with an average of 8.6 strikeouts per game.
- In 19 games at home this season, they’ve hit seven homers, an average of 0.4 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .278 in home games this season with 39 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 5.6 base hits per game and batting .184 as a team at home this season.
Athletics Key Batters
- Sean Murphy has 10 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 11 walks while hitting .186.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Murphy is 161st in batting average, 150th in on-base percentage and 111th in slugging percentage.
- Sheldon Neuse paces his team with 34 hits and a .346 on-base percentage, with a team-leading .388 slugging percentage.
- Neuse is 36th in batting average, 52nd in on-base percentage and 98th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Tony Kemp has four doubles, a home run and 13 walks while hitting .213.
- Elvis Andrus is hitting .222 with six doubles, a home run and 11 walks.
Twins vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers