The Houston Astros (26-15) and the Texas Rangers (18-21) meet on Sunday at 2:10 PM ET. The Astros are favored (-193) against the underdog Rangers (+162). Houston’s Jose Urquidy gets the start against Texas’ Taylor Hearn.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Sunday, May 22, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Houston Astros lead the league with 56 total home runs, averaging 1.4 per game.
- The Astros have the 20th-ranked batting average in the majors (.231).
- The Astros rank 15th in the league with a .309 on-base percentage.
- The Astros strike out 7.9 times per game to rank 12th in baseball.
- The Astros average 1.1 homers per home game this season (17 total at home).
- The Astros are averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game while slugging .376 in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages seven hits per game and is batting .225.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston with 32 hits, batting .256 this season with 16 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, Alvarez’s batting average ranks 69th, his on-base percentage ranks 32nd, and he is eighth in slugging.
- Kyle Tucker is hitting .250 with six doubles, seven home runs and 21 walks.
- Tucker’s batting average is 76th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 49th, and his slugging percentage 47th.
- Alex Bregman has collected 31 base hits, an OBP of .341 and a slugging percentage of .399 this season.
- Jeremy Pena has seven home runs, 21 RBI and a batting average of .279 this season.
- Pena brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank 13th in Major League Baseball with 40 home runs.
- The Rangers have a team batting average of just .222 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- The Rangers have an OBP of just .287 this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- The Rangers rank 13th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 15 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 17 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .333 in away games this season with 38 extra-base hits.
- In 17 road games this season, they have a batting average of .214 while averaging 7.2 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Corey Seager has totaled 37 hits with a .323 on-base percentage and a .442 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Rangers.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Seager’s batting average puts him 73rd, his on-base percentage is 81st, and he is 48th in slugging.
- Seager hopes to build on an eight-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .278 with three doubles, a home run, six walks and four RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has six doubles, two triples, six home runs and nine walks while batting .212.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Garcia is 136th in batting average, 149th in on-base percentage and 87th in slugging percentage.
- Jonah Heim has five doubles, four home runs and 11 walks while batting .272.
- Brad Miller is hitting .204 with a double, six home runs and six walks.
Astros vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers