The Cleveland Guardians (24-25) will look to Andres Gimenez, who is currently on a two-game home run streak, when they play the Texas Rangers (25-28) and Adolis Garcia, who has also hit home runs in two consecutive games. The Guardians are favored (-133) for this matchup with the Rangers (+113), which starts at 3:10 PM ET on Tuesday at Progressive Field. Cleveland’s Cal Quantrill starts against Texas’ Jon Gray.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 7, 2022
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSGL
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 25th in baseball with 43 total home runs .
- The Guardians have the ninth-best batting average in the league (.245).
- The Guardians rank 16th in baseball with a .311 on-base percentage.
- Guardians batters strike out 6.9 times per game, the fewest strikeouts in the league.
- The Guardians have hit 11 home runs at home this season (0.6 per game).
- The Guardians are averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game while slugging .369 in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .252.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in OBP (.397), slugging percentage (.637) and total hits (54) this season.
- Ramirez ranks 20th in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage, and second in slugging among all qualified hitters in baseball.
- Myles Straw is hitting .231 with nine doubles, a triple and 28 walks.
- Among qualified hitters, Straw’s batting average ranks him 111th, his on-base percentage 63rd, and his slugging percentage 156th.
- Owen Miller is batting .275 with a .438 slugging percentage and 24 RBI this year.
- Gimenez is batting .307 with a .329 OBP and 29 RBI for Cleveland this season.
- Gimenez enters this game on an eight-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .297 with a double, three home runs, a walk and nine RBI.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers have hit 64 homers this season, which ranks ninth in the league.
- The Rangers’ .231 batting average ranks 23rd in the league this season.
- The Rangers have an on-base percentage of .291 this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- The Rangers rank 13th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.3 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 26 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 24 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .373 in 24 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .232 with eight base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Corey Seager has racked up a slugging percentage of .424, a team-high for the Rangers.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Seager’s batting average ranks 108th, his on-base percentage is 124th, and he is 69th in slugging.
- Garcia has 46 hits to lead his team.
- Garcia’s batting average ranks 113th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 152nd, and he is 43rd in slugging.
- Marcus Semien is hitting .196 with nine doubles, a triple, three home runs and 17 walks.
- Kole Calhoun is hitting .247 with seven doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 12 walks.
Guardians vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers