Jorge Polanco leads the Minnesota Twins (32-25) into a matchup with the New York Yankees (40-15) after his four-hit showing in a 10-4 loss to the Yankees. The Yankees are favored (-180) in this game against the underdog Twins (+155), which starts at 7:40 PM ET on Wednesday. New York’s Nestor Cortes starts against Minnesota’s Chris Archer.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Twins
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 8, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.5 home runs per game and have hit a league-best 83 home runs in total.
- The Yankees’ .245 batting average is 10th-best in MLB.
- The Yankees rank sixth in the league with an on-base percentage of .323.
- The Yankees strike out 8.2 times per game, the No. 12 mark in the league.
- The Yankees average 1.4 home runs per road game this season (34 total away from home).
- The Yankees are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .403 away from home.
- On the road this season the club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .242.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge leads New York in OBP (.385), slugging percentage (.685) and total hits (64) this season.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Judge’s batting average ranks 11th, his on-base percentage ranks 15th, and he is first in slugging.
- Judge has recorded a base hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .381 with three home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .213 with 10 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 23 walks.
- Rizzo ranks 145th in batting average, 99th in on-base percentage and 21st in slugging in the major leagues.
- Rizzo heads into this matchup looking to extend his five-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .250 with three home runs and nine RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu has 47 hits this season and has a slash line of .270/.359/.408.
- Gleyber Torres is batting .247 with a .286 OBP and 26 RBI for New York this season.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins’ 62 home runs rank 12th in Major League Baseball.
- The Twins’ .249 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking sixth in MLB.
- The Twins are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking sixth with an OBP of .323.
- The Twins rank 22nd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 whiffs per contest.
- In 29 games at home this season, they’ve hit 36 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .412 in home games this season with 82 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .250 with 8.2 base hits per contest.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has racked up an on-base percentage of .448 and a slugging percentage of .410. Both lead the Twins.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Arraez’s batting average is first, his on-base percentage ranks first, and he is 86th in slugging.
- Arraez heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .444 with a walk and an RBI.
- Polanco is hitting .236 with nine doubles, seven home runs and 28 walks.
- Polanco’s batting average is 108th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 73rd, and he is 111th in slugging.
- Max Kepler is hitting .255 with seven doubles, a triple, six home runs and 24 walks.
- Gio Urshela has six doubles, five home runs and 16 walks while hitting .274.
Yankees vs. Twins Probable Pitchers