The Chicago Cubs (23-34) will look to break a four-game losing streak when they visit the New York Yankees (42-16) on Saturday at 7:15 PM ET. The Cubs (+218) are not expected to end the streak against the Yankees (-266). New York’s Jordan Montgomery and Chicago’s Matt Swarmer pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Saturday, June 11, 2022
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.5 home runs per game and have hit a league-high 88 home runs in total.
- The Yankees’ .244 batting average ranks 12th in the league.
- The Yankees rank fifth in the league with a .323 on-base percentage.
- The Yankees strike out 8.2 times per game, the No. 12 mark in the league.
- The Yankees average 1.6 homers per game when playing at home this season (50 total in home contests).
- The Yankees are slugging .438 with three extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .244.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge leads New York with 66 hits and an OBP of .386, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .664.
- Among qualifying hitters, Judge ranks 14th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 13th, and he is first in slugging.
- Judge hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with a double, a home run, five walks and three RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .211 with 10 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 25 walks.
- Among qualifying hitters, Rizzo’s batting average ranks him 146th, his on-base percentage 92nd, and his slugging percentage 32nd.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .266 with a .410 slugging percentage and 27 RBI this year.
- LeMahieu enters this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Gleyber Torres has 11 home runs, 27 RBI and a batting average of .247 this season.
- Torres has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a home run, four walks and two RBI.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs have hit 58 homers this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- The Cubs’ .243 batting average ranks 14th in the league this season.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .322 this season, which ranks seventh in MLB.
- The Cubs rank 21st with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- In 26 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 25 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .378 in away games this season with 75 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging eight base hits per game and batting .234 on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Willson Contreras has racked up 47 hits with a .396 on-base percentage, leading the Cubs in both statistics.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, Contreras is 47th in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage and 17th in slugging percentage.
- Contreras hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .238 with a double, a home run, four walks and two RBI.
- Ian Happ leads his team with a .439 slugging percentage.
- Including all qualified players, Happ ranks 55th in batting average, 21st in on-base percentage and 55th in slugging percentage.
- Patrick Wisdom has 12 doubles, 12 home runs and 23 walks while batting .219.
- Frank Schwindel is batting .233 with 10 doubles, eight home runs and 14 walks.
Yankees vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers