The Houston Astros (40-25) and the Chicago White Sox (31-32) play on Sunday at 7:08 PM ET with the series tied 1-1. The Astros are favored (-166) to win the rubber match against the White Sox (+143). Cristian Javier starts for Houston while Chicago will counter with Michael Kopech.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Sunday, June 19, 2022
- Game Time: 7:08 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros are fifth in MLB play with 85 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Astros’ .237 batting average ranks 20th in the majors.
- The Astros’ .315 on-base percentage is 15th in the league.
- Astros batters strike out 7.4 times per game, the second-lowest average in baseball.
- The Astros have hit 33 homers at home this season (1.2 per game).
- The Astros are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .406 at home.
- At home this season the team averages 7.6 hits per game and is batting .240.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston with 66 hits and an OBP of .403, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .623.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, Alvarez ranks 11th in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage, and fifth in slugging.
- Kyle Tucker is batting .261 with nine doubles, 13 home runs and 31 walks.
- Among qualified hitters, Tucker’s batting average places him 65th, his on-base percentage 36th, and his slugging percentage 27th.
- Alex Bregman has 48 hits this season and has a slash line of .217/.338/.376.
- Bregman heads into this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .118 with a home run, five walks and two RBI.
- Michael Brantley has five home runs, 25 RBI and a batting average of .292 this season.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox’s 55 home runs rank 24th in Major League Baseball.
- The White Sox rank seventh in MLB with a .251 team batting average.
- The White Sox have the 21st-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.307).
- The White Sox rank fifth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.7 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 28 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 33 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .401 in 33 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .272 with 9.7 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu has put up an on-base percentage of .367, a slugging percentage of .448, and has 62 hits, all club-bests for the White Sox.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, Abreu’s batting average places him 52nd, his on-base percentage is 25th, and he is 47th in slugging.
- Luis Robert has six doubles, six home runs and eight walks while batting .290.
- Robert ranks 24th in batting average, 74th in on-base percentage and 86th in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Andrew Vaughn has nine doubles, six home runs and 13 walks while batting .316.
- A.J. Pollock is hitting .254 with 11 doubles, four home runs and eight walks.
Astros vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers