The Oakland Athletics (23-48) will look to stop a three-game losing streak when they visit the Kansas City Royals (25-43) on Friday at 8:10 PM ET. The Athletics (+116) are not expected to end the streak against the Royals (-139). Neither team has a projected starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Royals vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Friday, June 24, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals have hit 53 home runs this season, the fourth-lowest total in MLB action.
- The Royals’ .237 batting average ranks 20th in the majors.
- The Royals rank 23rd in baseball with an on-base percentage of .302.
- Royals hitters strike out 7.7 times per game, the fourth-fewest strikeouts in the league.
- The Royals average 0.8 homers per game when playing at home this season (25 total in home contests).
- The Royals are slugging .380 with 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .245.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has 61 hits, which is tops among Kansas City hitters this season, while batting .240 with 30 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified hitters in MLB, Witt Jr. ranks 103rd in batting average, 136th in on-base percentage, and 50th in slugging.
- Whit Merrifield is batting .229 with 15 doubles, three home runs and 20 walks.
- Merrifield is 120th in batting average, 147th in on-base percentage and 151st in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Merrifield has picked up at least one hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .238 with two doubles, four walks and three RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi has a team-best OPS of .750, fueled by a slash line of .295/.360/.390 this season.
- Benintendi brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .217 with a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Hunter Dozier has seven home runs, 22 RBI and a batting average of .263 this season.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics rank 29th in Major League Baseball with just 49 home runs as a team.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .209 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics have an OBP of just .272 this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- The Athletics rank 19th with an average of 8.4 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1 home runs per game in their 34 road contests this season.
- In 34 road games this season, they’re slugging .362 with 88 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.4 base hits per game and batting .221 on the road this season.
Athletics Key Batters
- Seth Brown has racked up 44 hits, a team-high for the Athletics.
- Brown is 144th in batting average, 145th in on-base percentage and 79th in slugging percentage among all qualified batters in the majors.
- Brown hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Sean Murphy’s .396 slugging percentage paces his team.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Murphy is 141st in batting average, 129th in on-base percentage and 100th in slugging percentage.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .211 with 16 doubles, three home runs and 18 walks.
- Tony Kemp has a .306 on-base percentage to lead his team.