The Chicago Cubs (28-45) and the Cincinnati Reds (25-47) square off for the first of a three-game series on Tuesday at Wrigley Field, beginning at 8:05 PM ET. The favored Cubs (-115) are coming off of a 2-1 series win over the Cardinals, and the underdog Reds (-105) enter the matchup following a 2-1 series win over the Giants. Keegan Thompson starts for Chicago while Cincinnati will counter with Luis Castillo.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Reds
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 28, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs average one home run per game to rank 18th in MLB play with 71 total home runs .
- The Cubs’ .244 batting average ranks 13th in the majors.
- The Cubs are 10th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .320.
- The Cubs strike out 8.7 times per game to rank 23rd in baseball.
- The Cubs average one home run per home game this season (39 total at home).
- The Cubs are slugging .400 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .248.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has an OPS of .835, fueled by an OBP of .376 and a team-best slugging percentage of .459 this season.
- Happ ranks 36th in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage, and 46th in slugging among qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Willson Contreras has 62 hits and an OBP of .383, both of which lead the Cubs this season.
- Among qualifiers, Contreras ranks 48th in batting average, 16th in on-base percentage and 26th in slugging percentage.
- Contreras has picked up at least one hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a double, three walks and four RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has collected 57 base hits, an OBP of .317 and a slugging percentage of .463 this season.
- Wisdom heads into this matchup with six games in a row with at least one hit. During his last 10 games he is hitting .270 with two doubles, two home runs, four walks and six RBI.
- Nico Hoerner has been key for Chicago with 59 hits, an OBP of .330 plus a slugging percentage of .415.
- Hoerner enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .526 with a double, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds’ 67 home runs rank 21st in Major League Baseball.
- The Reds rank 17th in MLB with a .239 team batting average.
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .308 this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- The Reds rank 11th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.3 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 23 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 37 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .325 in away games this season with 80 extra-base hits.
- In 37 road games this season, they have a batting average of .217 while averaging 7.1 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Brandon Drury has racked up a team-high slugging percentage (.523) and paces the Reds in hits (63).
- Drury ranks 48th in batting average, 75th in on-base percentage and 15th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Drury takes a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .256 with two doubles, a triple, three home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Kyle Farmer’s .343 on-base percentage paces his team.
- Including all qualified players, Farmer ranks 32nd in batting average, 53rd in on-base percentage and 71st in slugging percentage.
- Tommy Pham is hitting .245 with nine doubles, 10 home runs and 34 walks.
- Joey Votto is batting .213 with 13 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 28 walks.
Cubs vs. Reds Probable Pitchers