The Arizona Diamondbacks (35-43) match up with the Colorado Rockies (34-44) after Christian Walker homered twice in an 11-7 loss to the Rockies. The Diamondbacks are favored (-118) in this matchup with the Rockies (-101), which starts at 3:10 PM ET on Sunday. Zac Gallen takes the mound first for Arizona, and Chad Kuhl is Colorado’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Diamondbacks vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Sunday, July 3, 2022
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks are 11th in baseball with 93 total home runs.
- The Diamondbacks’ .216 batting average ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Diamondbacks rank 25th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .296.
- The Diamondbacks’ 8.8 strikeouts per game rank 25th in baseball.
- The Diamondbacks average 1.5 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (57 total in road outings).
- The Diamondbacks are slugging .412 with 3.2 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The team is batting .221 with 277 hits (7.5 per game) on the road this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Walker leads Arizona with 55 hits, batting .206 this season with 32 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, Walker ranks 153rd in batting average, 107th in on-base percentage, and 32nd in slugging.
- Walker hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with two home runs, five walks and five RBI.
- Ketel Marte leads the Diamondbacks with an OPS of .775. He has a slash line of .264/.351/.424 this season.
- Marte is 58th in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage and 70th in slugging in MLB.
- Daulton Varsho is batting .235 with a .415 slugging percentage and 35 RBI this year.
- Varsho has picked up a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- David Peralta is batting .247 with a .315 OBP and 31 RBI for Arizona this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies rank 22nd in Major League Baseball with 72 home runs.
- The Rockies rank first in the majors with a .262 team batting average.
- The Rockies are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking fifth with an OBP of .325.
- The Rockies have shown patience at the plate this season with the seventh-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.8) among MLB offenses.
- In 43 games at home this season, they’ve hit 54 homers, an average of 1.3 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .457 in home games this season with 141 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .282 with 9.7 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has racked up a slugging percentage of .531 and has 90 hits, both team-high numbers for the Rockies.
- Including all qualified hitters, Cron ranks 23rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 51st and he is 15th in slugging.
- Cron brings a seven-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .237 with two doubles, five walks and six RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon has 14 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 19 walks while batting .270.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Blackmon ranks 51st in batting average, 92nd in on-base percentage and 41st in slugging percentage.
- Brendan Rodgers is hitting .264 with 18 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 19 walks.
- Connor Joe has a .376 on-base percentage to lead his team.
Diamondbacks vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers