NFL Margin Pools for 2023
Choose from a Margin of Victory format or a Point Spread (underdog) format.
Margin pools are a simple NFL pool format that rewards members for picking a winning team each week. Pool commissioners can decide whether they award points equal to a winning teams margin of victory or the point spread for that game. When an administrator chooses the point spread option, this format is often referred to as an NFL Underdog Pool.
Start an NFL Margin Pool
What is a Margin Pool?
Here are the rules for our NFL Margin pools:
- Each pool member chooses one NFL team each week.
- If their pick is correct, they receive points according to their pool's margin type:
- Margin of Victory - They receive the number of points their team won by.
- Point Spread (Underdog format) - They receive the number of points equal to the covered point spread (only underdogs may be picked in this format).
- In addition to picking the winning team, members must rank how confident they are that the team they picked will win. The more points assigned to a pick, the more confident they are that team will win.
- Points are tracked both by week and overall for the entire season.
Margin Pool Options
Pool commissioners have numerous options to customize their NFL Margin Pool, including:
- Scoring system (margin of victory vs point spread, deduct points for losses vs zero points, etc)
- Allow multiple pick entries per member account or limit members to a single entry
- Choose the week to start your pool
- Automatic pick assignment (in case members forget to pick)
- Allow members to pick an NFL team more than once
- More ...
NFL Margin Pool Samples
The following samples are just a few of the reports you'll see for your Margin football pool.
Click to view more detailed samples:
Pool members are able to view all other pool members picks ONLY after the weekly pick deadline has passed, i.e., the start of the first game each week. We want to be able to see who everyone picked when we watch the games, but we don't want members basing their picks on other members picks.
Brand Your Pool
Add your company or organization logo to customize the look of your Margin pool. For more information, see our Brand Your Pool page.
Private Message Boards
Every NFL Margin pool hosted at RunYourPool.com includes a free, private message board. Your pool's message board, accessible only to your pool members, is a great way to communicate with members.
Start Your Pool Today
No Upfront Fee or Obligation!
Start your NFL Margin pool with us today. If you have any additional questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're happy to answer any questions you may have.
Start an NFL Margin Pool
We've recently upgraded our pricing structure to introduce a free tier! You can view the new tier structure on our Pricing page.
Frequently Asked Questions
"Football Pool" is a catch-all term for a group of people competitively guessing the outcome of one or more football games. There are many types of formats, each assigning winners differently. They can be played informally between friends or through a more formalized system. They are often considered a great alternative to fantasy football given the ease of playing.
In a Football Margin Pool, you are awarded points for picking a winning team. Pool commissioners get to decide whether they award points equal to a winning teams margin of victory or the point spread for that game. The player with the most points at the end of the season wins.