NFL Squares Pools
Also known as Block pools, Grid pools, or Box pools, you're probably familiar with this format from its Super Bowl popularity. Now you can create an NFL Squares pool for any game or set of games from the NFL season. Your members can pick their squares online, and view the completed grid - no need to pass around a sheet of paper!
Start your Squares Pool
Options for Pool Administrators
RunYourPool.com gives Pool Administrators numerous options to make your Squares pool as flexible as possible:
- Any NFL game or game series—Run a grid for any NFL game, including the playoffs and Super Bowl. You can also set up a grid series automatically (e.g. all games for a specific team, every Monday Night game, etc.) with the option to copy picked squares from one grid to another.
- Options for picking squares—Members can join and pick their own squares, or the pool admin can enter "guest" squares for them and send them a link to a public read-only version of the grid.
- Number assignment options—Grid numbers can be randomly assigned or custom assigned by the Administrator for each grid. The numbers will show automatically when the game assigned to the grid starts, or you can force them to show sooner under your grid settings.
- Flexibility in determining winners squares— Once the game assigned to the grid starts, the pool admin can highlight a square as a "winning" square and enter a brief message.
- Additional options— Set your grid size (25, 50, or 100 squares), choose a single set of axis numbers or 4 sets (different numbers for each quarter), limit the number of squares members can pick, number the boxes, track fundraising donations, and more.
Pool Administrators have a ton of flexibility in how they want to run their grid(s). Whether you want to run a grid for every Monday Night game, for the three Thanksgiving Day games, or just for the Super Bowl, you can do it all from within a single pool. Your options are wide open.
How Do NFL Squares Work?
The name of this type of pool comes from the 100 squares (10x10 grid) that comprise the pool's board (25 and 50 square grids are also available). Each row and column are assigned a number from 0 to 9, and pool members claim a square by putting their name in a box. While we provide flexibility in determining winning squares, most declare winners for each quarter of the NFL game, where the last digit of both NFL teams' score is compared to the grid to determine a winner.
Here is an example from Super Bowl XL between Seattle and Pittsburgh. The following is each teams score after each quarter:
| ||1st||2nd||3rd||4th|| |
In an NFL Square pool that only has one winner (for the final score of the game), the winner would be the member in the square where Seattle column with the #0 (the last digit in 10) intersects the Pittburgh row with the #1 (the last digit in 21).
Note: The Pool Administrator determines whether there are winners for each quarter, just the end of the game, or some other format.
NFL Squares pools are very simple and don't require any football knowledge to participate. You'll have no more issues with squares containing illegible names and members will be unable to pick more squares then your pool allows.
The grid below is an example of RunYourPool.com's NFL Squares. The grid shown represents a pool where a Pool Administrator has chosen to create random row and column numbers. Obviously, the grid shown is prior to the Administrator's generation of those numbers and represents what pool members would see during the picking process.
Please notice that three squares are highlighted. Squares are highlighted for a member when he or she logs in so it is easier to find their picks.
Add your company or organization logo to customize the look of your pool. For more information, see our Brand Your Pool page.
Every NFL Squares pool hosted at RunYourPool.com includes a free, private message board. Your pool's message board, accessible only to your pool members, is a great way to communicate with members who aren't lucky enough to join you for the NFL.
Your pool can contain an multiple grids.
Included in the cost is the added benefit that we retain your pool information and members from year-to-year. Simply reset your pool next year and have your members log back in to pick again.
* Additional grids must be created in the same pool. Limited to 30 grids per pool.