Table of Contents
On Saturday at 3:30 PM ET, the Arizona Wildcats will visit the San Diego State Aztecs.
The Aztecs are the favorites (-6.5) in their matchup against the Wildcats, with the over/under being 47 points. (On the moneyline, the Aztecs are -240 and the Wildcats are +191.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for San Diego State vs. Arizona
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: Snapdragon Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
San Diego State Betting Insights
- San Diego State compiled a 7-6-1 ATS record last year.
- San Diego State covered the spread twice when favored by 6.5 points or more last season (in six opportunities).
- San Diego State games went over the point total seven out of 14 times last season.
San Diego State Stats & Insights
- San Diego State averaged 4.0 fewer points per game (27.4) than Arizona gave up (31.4) last season.
- When San Diego State put up more than 31.4 points last year, it went 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- Last season Arizona had a 3-1 record against the spread and a 1-3 record overall in games when it held opponents to less than 27.4 points.
- San Diego State averaged 344.5 yards per game last season, 27.9 fewer yards than the 372.4 Arizona gave up per contest.
- San Diego State was 3-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall when the team amassed over 372.4 yards last year.
- In games Arizona held its opponents to less than 344.5 yards last year, it had a 2-2 record ATS and a 1-3 record overall.
- Last year San Diego State racked up 173.8 rushing yards per game, just 8.5 fewer yards than Arizona allowed per contest (182.3).
- When San Diego State rushed for over 182.3 yards last year, it compiled a 4-2 ATS record and a 6-0 overall record.
- When Arizona limited its opponents to fewer than 173.8 rushing yards last season, it was 3-2 against the spread and 1-4 overall.
- San Diego State turned the ball over 14 times last season, eight more turnovers than Arizona forced (6).
San Diego State’s Best Players
- Last season Lucas Johnson had 1,424 passing yards (101.7 per game), a 61.9% completion percentage, 12 touchdowns, and four interceptions. He also added 181 rushing yards on 52 carries with one rushing TD (averaging 12.9 rushing yards per game).
- Greg Bell racked up 1,098 rushing yards (78.4 per game) and nine touchdowns last year.
- Chance Bell ran for 343 yards on 71 carries (24.5 yards per game), with four rushing touchdowns last year.
- Jesse Matthews hauled in 58 catches for 657 yards (46.9 per game) while being targeted 87 times. He also scored nine touchdowns.
- Elijah Kothe also impressed receiving last year. He bagged 31 receptions for 418 yards and one touchdown. He was targeted 53 times.
- Daniel Bellinger hauled in 31 passes for 357 yards and two touchdowns, putting up 25.5 yards per game last year.
- Cameron Thomas’ hard work last season produced a stat line of 10.5 sacks, 13.0 TFL and 54 tackles.
- Patrick McMorris’ stat line last year included 79 tackles and four interceptions.
Arizona Betting Insights
- Arizona compiled a 6-6-0 record against the spread last year.
- Arizona had an ATS record of 6-3 when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs last season.
- Arizona games hit the over six out of 12 times last season.
Arizona Stats & Insights
- Arizona racked up just 2.6 fewer points per game (17.2) than San Diego State allowed (19.8) last season.
- Arizona was 2-0 against the spread and 0-2 overall last year when the team put up more than 19.8 points.
- Last year San Diego State had a 4-2 record against the spread and a 7-0 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 17.2 points.
- Arizona racked up 31.0 more yards per game (355.4) than San Diego State gave up per contest (324.4) last year.
- Arizona was 5-4 against the spread and 1-8 overall when the team piled up over 324.4 yards last season.
- In games San Diego State kept its opponents to fewer than 355.4 yards last season, it had a 6-1-1 record ATS and an 8-0 record overall.
- Arizona rushed for 127.8 yards per game last season, 47.5 more than the 80.3 San Diego State allowed per contest.
- Last year Arizona had a 6-4 ATS record and a 1-9 overall record in games the team ran for over 80.3 yards.
- Last season, San Diego State was 6-5-1 against the spread and 11-1 overall when holding opponents to less than 127.8 rushing yards.
- Arizona turned the ball over one more time (23 total) than San Diego State forced turnovers (22) last year.
Arizona’s Best Players
- Will Plummer threw for 1,622 yards and six touchdowns last season. He also chipped in with his legs, tallying two touchdowns while racking up 138 yards.
- Drake Anderson racked up one rushing touchdown on 31.7 yards per game last season.
- Michael Wiley rushed for 286 yards and two touchdowns last season. He also averaged 24.8 receiving yards per game.
- Stanley Berryhill III averaged 63.3 yards on seven receptions per game and racked up one receiving touchdown in 2021.
- Brian Casteel caught 33 passes last season on his way to 326 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Dorian Singer worked his way to 301 receiving yards (25.1 ypg) last season.
- Last year Kyon Barrs put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 5.0 sacks, and added 6.0 TFL and 29 tackles.
- Anthony Pandy was a force on the field last season with 66 tackles and one interception.