Table of Contents
At 5:30 PM ET on Saturday, the Texas State Bobcats play at the Nevada Wolf Pack (1-0).
The Bobcats are favored, but by less than a field goal (-1.5), against the Wolf Pack. The over/under for this matchup is 51.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Texas State vs. Nevada
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 5:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: MW Network
- Location: Reno, Nevada
- Stadium: Mackay Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Texas State Betting Insights
- Texas State compiled a 7-5-0 record against the spread last season.
- Texas State covered the spread once when favored by 1.5 points or more last season (in three opportunities).
- A total of five Texas State games last season hit the over.
Texas State Stats & Insights
- Texas State averaged 3.4 fewer points per game (23.1) than Nevada gave up (26.5) last season.
- Texas State was 3-2 against the spread and 2-3 overall in games when it recorded more than 26.5 points last season.
- When Nevada surrendered less than 23.1 points last season, it had a 6-0 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall.
- Texas State averaged 63.0 fewer yards per game (343.7) than Nevada gave up per matchup (406.7) last season.
- When Texas State totaled over 406.7 yards last year, the team was 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- When Nevada kept its opponents to fewer than 343.7 yards last season, it had a 3-0 record ATS and a 3-0 record overall.
- Last year Texas State rushed for 36.2 fewer yards per game (150.0) than Nevada allowed per contest (186.2).
- When Texas State rushed for more than 186.2 yards last season, it compiled a 3-0 ATS record and a 2-1 overall record.
- When Nevada held its opponents to less than 150.0 yards on the ground last year, it was 3-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- Last year Texas State had 20 turnovers, seven fewer than Nevada had takeaways (27).
Texas State’s Best Players
- Last year Brady McBride put up 1,508 passing yards (125.7 per game), a 59.6% completion percentage, 12 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions. He also added 143 rushing yards on 77 carries with one rushing TD (averaging 11.9 rushing yards per game).
- Calvin Hill churned out 708 rushing yards (59.0 per game) and three touchdowns last year.
- Jahmyl Jeter ran for 383 yards on 90 carries (31.9 yards per game), with eight rushing touchdowns last year.
- Javen Banks hauled in 36 catches for 545 yards (45.4 per game) while being targeted 63 times. He also scored five touchdowns.
- Marcell Barbee produced last year, grabbing 40 passes for 524 yards and five touchdowns. He collected 43.7 receiving yards per game.
- Ashtyn Hawkins reeled in 29 passes on 42 targets for 290 yards and one touchdown, averaging 24.2 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Issiah Nixon amassed 4.0 sacks, 2.0 TFL and 31 tackles.
- Markeveon Coleman was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 52 tackles last year.
- Troy Lefeged Jr. collected one interception while adding 34 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended last year.
Nevada Betting Insights
- Nevada put together an 8-4-0 record against the spread last year.
- Nevada covered the spread four times last season (4-1 ATS) when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- In Nevada games last year, combined scoring went over the point total eight times.
Nevada Stats & Insights
- Last season Nevada scored just 2.7 more points per game (35.7) than Texas State gave up (33.0).
- Nevada was 5-2 against the spread and 6-1 overall in games when it put up over 33.0 points last season.
- Last year Texas State had a 7-1 record against the spread and a 4-4 record overall in games when it held opponents to less than 35.7 points.
- Nevada racked up 424.4 yards per game last year, only 7.9 fewer than the 432.3 Texas State gave up per matchup.
- When Nevada picked up more than 432.3 yards last year, the team was 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- When Texas State held its opponents to fewer than 424.4 yards last season, it had a 4-1 record ATS and a 2-3 record overall.
- Last year Nevada piled up 77.4 yards per game on the ground, 108.1 fewer than Texas State allowed per contest (185.5).
- Nevada turned the ball over 10 times last season, two fewer times than Texas State forced turnovers (12).
Nevada’s Best Players
- Carson Strong completed 70% of his passes to throw for 4,186 yards and 36 touchdowns last season.
- Toa Taua racked up six rushing touchdowns on 56.3 yards per game last season. Taua was also effective in the passing game, tallying 39 catches and one touchdown over the course of the year.
- Devonte Lee ran for five touchdowns on 331 yards a year ago.
- Romeo Doubs was targeted 8.3 times per game and collected 1,109 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- Cole Turner collected 10 touchdowns and had 677 receiving yards (52.1 ypg) in 2021.
- Tory Horton grabbed 52 passes on his way to 659 receiving yards and five touchdowns a season ago.
- Tristan Nichols proved to be a relentless defender last year, recording 10.5 sacks, 9.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- Daiyan Henley put together a strong stat line last year, accruing 58 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and four interceptions.