Table of Contents
On Saturday at 3:30 PM ET, the Houston Cougars will visit the UTSA Roadrunners.
The Roadrunners are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+4), versus the Cougars (with an over/under of 62 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Houston vs. UTSA
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: San Antonio, Texas
- Stadium: Alamodome
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Houston Betting Insights
- Houston compiled an 8-6-0 ATS record last year.
- Houston was 5-4 ATS last season when playing as at least 4-point favorites.
- A total of seven Houston games last season went over the point total.
Houston Stats & Insights
- Houston racked up 11.3 more points per game (35.9) than UTSA gave up (24.6) last year.
- When Houston put up more than 24.6 points last year, it went 7-4 against the spread and 11-0 overall.
- When UTSA gave up fewer than 35.9 points last year, it had a 7-3 record against the spread and a 10-0 record overall.
- Houston collected 41.8 more yards per game (413.9) than UTSA allowed per outing (372.1) last year.
- In games that Houston piled up more than 372.1 yards last season, the team was 7-3 against the spread and 10-0 overall.
- In games UTSA limited its opponents to fewer than 413.9 yards last season, it had a 6-2 record ATS and an 8-0 record overall.
- Last year Houston racked up 142.3 yards per game on the ground, 28.2 more than UTSA allowed per contest (114.1).
- Last year Houston had a 6-3 ATS record and a 9-0 overall record in games the team rushed for over 114.1 yards.
- When UTSA held its opponents to less than 142.3 rushing yards last year, it was 7-2 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
- Houston turned the ball over 14 times last season, 12 fewer than UTSA forced turnovers (26).
Houston’s Best Players
- Last year Clayton Tune put up 3,546 passing yards (253.3 per game), a 68.2% completion percentage, 30 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions. He also added 154 rushing yards on 105 carries with two rushing TDs (averaging 11.0 rushing yards per game).
- Last season, Alton McCaskill ran for 961 yards on 189 attempts (68.6 yards per game) and scored 16 times.
- Ta’Zhawn Henry collected 513 rushing yards on 111 carries and seven touchdowns last season.
- Nathaniel Dell collected 90 receptions for 1,329 yards and 12 touchdowns last year. He was targeted 139 times, and averaged 94.9 yards per game.
- Jeremy Singleton tacked on 495 yards on 29 grabs with five touchdowns. He was targeted 52 times, and averaged 35.4 receiving yards per game.
- Jake Herslow’s stat line last year: 480 receiving yards, 36 catches, five touchdowns, on 52 targets.
- D’Anthony Jones did his thing last season with a huge stat line of 6.0 sacks, 3.0 TFL, 13 tackles, and one interception.
- Last season Donavan Mutin tallied 57 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks.
- Marcus Jones collected four interceptions while adding 35 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended last year.
UTSA Betting Insights
- UTSA put together a 9-5-0 record against the spread last year.
- UTSA was an underdog by 4 points or more once last year, and covered the spread.
- UTSA games went over the point total eight out of 14 times last season.
UTSA Stats & Insights
- Last season UTSA put up 16.5 more points per game (36.9) than Houston surrendered (20.4).
- When UTSA put up more than 20.4 points last year, it was 8-4 against the spread and 11-1 overall.
- Last year Houston had a 6-3 record against the spread and a 9-0 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 36.9 points.
- UTSA collected 136.4 more yards per game (439.0) than Houston gave up per contest (302.6) last year.
- In games that UTSA amassed over 302.6 yards last season, the team was 8-4 against the spread and 11-1 overall.
- When Houston held its opponents to less than 439.0 yards last year, it had an 8-6 record ATS and a 12-2 record overall.
- UTSA rushed for 183.6 yards per game last year, 75.4 more than the 108.2 Houston allowed per outing.
- Last year UTSA had a 7-2 ATS record and an 8-1 overall record in games the team ran for more than 108.2 yards.
- When Houston kept its opponents to fewer than 183.6 yards on the ground last year, it was 8-4 against the spread and 11-1 overall.
- Last year UTSA had 13 turnovers, nine fewer than Houston had takeaways (22).
UTSA’s Best Players
- Frank Harris averaged 226.9 passing yards per outing and tossed 27 touchdowns last season. In addition, he tacked on 566 yards rushing with six touchdowns.
- Sincere McCormick compiled 1,479 rushing yards and 15 touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Zakhari Franklin was targeted 8.8 times per game and piled up 1,027 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- Joshua Cephus grabbed six touchdowns and had 803 receiving yards (57.4 ypg) in 2021.
- De’Corian Clark caught 52 passes on his way to 755 receiving yards and seven touchdowns a season ago.
- Clarence Hicks proved to be a relentless defender last year, recording 10.5 sacks, 13.0 TFL, 34 tackles, and one interception.
- Rashad Wisdom was a force on the field last season with 60 tackles and 2.0 TFL.
- A year ago Jahmal Sam collected 27 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended as well as two interceptions.