Table of Contents
The East Carolina Pirates play on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET at Bagwell Field at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium against the NC State Wolf Pack.
The Pirates are expected to lose by at least two scores (currently +11.5) versus the Wolf Pack (with an over/under of 51.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for NC State vs. East Carolina
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Greenville, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bagwell Field at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
NC State Betting Insights
- NC State went 7-5-0 ATS last season.
- NC State covered the spread twice when favored by 11.5 points or more last season (in three opportunities).
- A total of seven NC State games last season went over the point total.
NC State Stats & Insights
- NC State put up 33.1 points per game last year, 6.8 more than East Carolina allowed per outing (26.3).
- When NC State scored more than 26.3 points last year, it went 7-4 against the spread and 9-2 overall.
- East Carolina had a 6-3 record against the spread and a 5-4 record overall in games when it allowed opponents to score fewer than 33.1 points last season.
- NC State collected only 19.7 more yards per game (414.4) than East Carolina allowed per matchup (394.7) last year.
- In games that NC State amassed more than 394.7 yards last season, the team was 4-3 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
- When East Carolina held its opponents to fewer than 414.4 yards last season, it had a 6-2 record ATS and a 5-3 record overall.
- Last season NC State ran for 37.5 fewer yards per game (126.0) than East Carolina allowed per contest (163.5).
- Last year NC State had a 2-1 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record in games the team rushed for more than 163.5 yards.
- East Carolina was 4-1 against the spread and 3-2 overall when holding opponents to less than 126.0 rushing yards last year.
- NC State had 11 giveaways last season, while East Carolina had 22 takeaways.
NC State’s Best Players
- Devin Leary had a passing stat line last year of 3,433 yards with a 65.7% completion rate (283-for-431), 35 touchdowns, five interceptions, and an average of 286.1 yards per game.
- Last season, Zonovan Knight rushed for 753 yards on 140 attempts (62.8 yards per game) and scored three times.
- Ricky Person Jr. put up 636 rushing yards on 135 carries and five touchdowns last season. He also made a mark receiving with 28 catches for 240 yards and two scores.
- Emeka Emezie picked up 60 receptions for 802 yards and six touchdowns last year. He was targeted 95 times, and averaged 66.8 yards per game.
- Thayer Thomas produced last season, grabbing 51 passes for 596 yards and eight touchdowns. He averaged 49.7 receiving yards per game.
- Devin Carter reeled in 31 passes on 63 targets for 556 yards and six touchdowns, compiling 46.3 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Vi Jones racked up 6.0 sacks, 5.0 TFL and 30 tackles.
- Last year Drake Thomas collected 80 tackles, 8.0 TFL, six sacks, and three interceptions.
East Carolina Betting Insights
- East Carolina compiled a 7-5-0 record against the spread last year.
- East Carolina was an underdog by 11.5 points or more two times last season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- East Carolina games hit the over three out of 12 times last year.
East Carolina Stats & Insights
- Last year East Carolina averaged 10.0 more points per game (29.7) than NC State allowed (19.7).
- East Carolina was 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall last season when the team scored more than 19.7 points.
- When NC State limited opponents to less than 29.7 points last year, it had a 7-2 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall.
- East Carolina collected 101.7 more yards per game (433.3) than NC State allowed per outing (331.6) last year.
- When East Carolina amassed over 331.6 yards last year, the team was 7-3 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- NC State had a 6-3 record ATS and a 6-3 record overall when holding its opponents to fewer than 433.3 yards last season.
- Last season East Carolina averaged 161.8 rushing yards per game, 37.8 more than NC State allowed per outing (124.0).
- Last year East Carolina had a 6-2 ATS record and a 7-1 overall record in games the team ran for over 124.0 yards.
- When NC State held its opponents to fewer than 161.8 yards on the ground last year, it was 5-4 against the spread and 6-3 overall.
- Last season East Carolina turned the ball over 22 times, seven more than NC State’s takeaways (15).
East Carolina’s Best Players
- Holton Ahlers completed 61.8% of his passes and threw for 3,135 yards and 18 touchdowns last season. Ahlers also helped with his legs, accumulating six touchdowns on 16.6 yards per game.
- Keaton Mitchell averaged 94.3 rushing yards and scored nine rushing touchdowns. Mitchell added 1.8 receptions per game to average 21.4 receiving yards.
- Rahjai Harris rushed for 579 yards and four touchdowns last season.
- Tyler Snead averaged 71.7 receiving yards and grabbed four receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- C.J. Johnson averaged 42.5 receiving yards on 5.2 targets per game in 2021, scoring one touchdown.
- Audie Omotosho worked his way to three receiving touchdowns and 493 receiving yards (41.1 ypg) last season.
- Last year Jeremy Lewis put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 4.0 sacks, and added 4.0 TFL and 31 tackles.
- Bruce Bivens put together an excellent stat line last year, tallying 33 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two sacks.
- A year ago Ja’Quan McMillian collected 23 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and five passes defended as well as five interceptions.