Table of Contents
Grant Dubose will lead the Charlotte 49ers (0-2) into their matchup against the Maryland Terrapins (1-0) at Jerry Richardson Stadium on Saturday at 3:30 PM ET.
The Terrapins are expected to come out on top by at least two touchdowns (currently -27) versus the 49ers. The over/under for this game is 65.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Maryland vs. Charlotte
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: STADIUM
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Stadium: Jerry Richardson Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Maryland Betting Insights
- Maryland put together a 5-8-0 record against the spread last season.
- Maryland covered the spread when playing as at least 27-point favorites in its only opportunity last season.
- Maryland and its opponent combined to go over the point total in seven of 13 contests last season.
Maryland Stats & Insights
- Maryland scored 4.7 fewer points per game (29.3) than Charlotte allowed (34.0) last season.
- Maryland was 3-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall in games when it put up more than 34.0 points last year.
- Charlotte had a 4-1 record against the spread and a 3-2 record overall in games when it surrendered fewer than 29.3 points last year.
- Maryland racked up 24.1 fewer yards per game (441.1) than Charlotte allowed per contest (465.2) last year.
- Maryland was 4-2 against the spread and 6-0 overall when the team totaled more than 465.2 yards last season.
- In games Charlotte limited its opponents to less than 441.1 yards last season, it had a 2-3 record ATS and a 1-4 record overall.
- Last season Maryland ran for 67.8 fewer yards per game (136.5) than Charlotte allowed per outing (204.3).
- When Maryland rushed for more than 204.3 yards last year, it compiled a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record.
- When Charlotte kept its opponents to less than 136.5 rushing yards last year, it was 1-2-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall.
- Last year Maryland turned the ball over 17 times, three more than Charlotte’s takeaways (14).
Maryland’s Best Players
- Last season Taulia Tagovailoa put up 3,860 passing yards (296.9 per game), a 69.2% completion percentage, 26 touchdowns, and 11 interceptions.
- Last season, Tayon Fleet-Davis rushed for 721 yards on 128 carries (55.5 yards per game) and scored eight times. Fleet-Davis also collected 32 catches for 305 yards and one score.
- Colby McDonald put up 325 rushing yards on 60 carries and two touchdowns last season.
- Rakim Jarrett hauled in 62 catches for 829 yards (63.8 per game) while being targeted 94 times. He also scored five touchdowns.
- Dontay Demus Jr. produced last season, catching 28 passes for 507 yards and three touchdowns. He averaged 39.0 receiving yards per game.
- Chigoziem Okonkwo’s stat line last year: 447 receiving yards, 52 catches, five touchdowns, on 70 targets.
- Sam Okuayinonu’s hard work last season put together a stat line of 6.0 sacks, 9.0 TFL and 49 tackles.
- Jordan Mosley went to work last year, collecting 72 tackles.
- Last season Jakorian Bennett had a huge stat line of three interceptions, 21 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended.
Charlotte Betting Insights
- Charlotte compiled a 5-6-1 ATS record last season.
- A total of six of Charlotte games last season hit the over.
Charlotte Stats & Insights
- Charlotte put up 3.5 fewer points per game (27.2) than Maryland allowed (30.7) last season.
- When Charlotte recorded more than 30.7 points last season, it was 4-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
- When Maryland gave up less than 27.2 points last season, it had a 4-1 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall.
- Charlotte racked up only 1.5 more yards per game (403.3) than Maryland allowed per contest (401.8) last year.
- Charlotte was 2-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall when the team totaled more than 401.8 yards last year.
- In games Maryland limited its opponents to less than 403.3 yards last year, it had a 4-1 record ATS and a 5-0 record overall.
- Last year Charlotte ran for just 1.7 fewer yards (150.5) than Maryland allowed per contest (152.2).
- Last year Charlotte had a 3-2 ATS record and a 4-2 overall record in games the team rushed for over 152.2 yards.
- When Maryland kept its opponents to less than 150.5 yards on the ground last season, it was 4-3 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
- Charlotte turned the ball over nine more times (20 total) than Maryland forced turnovers (11) last year.
Charlotte’s Best Players
- Chris Reynolds threw for 2,684 yards and 26 touchdowns last season. He also chipped in with his legs, accumulating four touchdowns while racking up 164 yards.
- Calvin Camp averaged 53.2 rushing yards per game and scored four rushing touchdowns.
- Shadrick Byrd rushed for 580 yards and three touchdowns last season. He also averaged 20.7 receiving yards per game.
- Dubose was targeted 8.9 times per game and racked up 892 receiving yards and six touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- Victor Tucker caught 51 passes last season on his way to 639 yards and two receiving touchdowns.
- Elijah Spencer averaged 31.8 receiving yards per game on 4.2 targets per game a season ago.
- Last year Markees Watts put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 6.0 sacks, and added 4.0 TFL and 44 tackles.
- Tyler Murray was a force on the field last season with 60 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks.
- Jonathan Alexander came up with two interceptions in addition to 38 tackles and two passes defended a year ago.