Table of Contents
At Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium on Saturday, the Memphis Tigers (0-1) take on the Navy Midshipmen (0-1).
The Tigers are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-6), versus the Midshipmen. The over/under for this game is 50.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Memphis vs. Navy
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: Annapolis, Maryland
- Stadium: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Memphis Betting Insights
- Memphis put together a 4-8-0 record against the spread last season.
- Memphis was favored by 6 points or more four times last season, and covered the spread in two of those matchups.
- Memphis games went over the point total four out of 12 times last season.
Memphis Stats & Insights
- Last year, Memphis racked up just 1.8 more points per game (30.1) than Navy allowed (28.3).
- Memphis was 3-5 against the spread and 5-3 overall last season when the team scored over 28.3 points.
- Last year Navy had a 6-1 record against the spread and a 4-3 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 30.1 points.
- Memphis averaged 85.0 more yards per game (434.2) than Navy gave up per outing (349.2) last year.
- When Memphis totaled more than 349.2 yards last year, the team was 3-5 against the spread and 5-3 overall.
- Navy had a 7-3 record ATS and a 4-6 record overall when holding its opponents to fewer than 434.2 yards last season.
- Last year Memphis averaged 135.4 yards per game on the ground, just 4.4 more yards than Navy allowed per outing (131.0).
- Last year Memphis had a 2-3 ATS record and a 3-2 overall record in games the team rushed for over 131.0 yards.
- When Navy kept its opponents to fewer than 135.4 yards on the ground last year, it was 6-1 against the spread and 3-4 overall.
- Memphis turned the ball over five more times (19 total) than Navy forced a turnover (14) last year.
Memphis’ Best Players
- Last year Seth Henigan produced 3,322 passing yards (276.8 per game), a 59.8% completion percentage, 25 touchdowns, and eight interceptions. He also added 138 rushing yards on 80 carries with (averaging 11.5 rushing yards per game).
- Last year, Brandon Thomas rushed for 669 yards on 116 attempts (55.8 yards per game) and scored eight times.
- Rodrigues Clark ran for 387 yards on 79 carries (32.3 yards per game), with four rushing touchdowns last year.
- In the previous season, Calvin Austin III grabbed 74 passes (on 126 targets) for 1,149 yards (95.8 per game). He also found the end zone eight times.
- Sean Dykes also impressed receiving last season. He had 48 receptions for 657 yards and seven touchdowns. He was targeted 62 times.
- Javon Ivory grabbed 29 passes on 51 targets for 413 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 34.4 receiving yards per game.
- Jaylon Allen’s hard work last season put together a stat line of 5.0 sacks, 5.0 TFL and 33 tackles.
- Last season JJ Russell racked up 106 tackles, 5.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- Jacobi Francis collected two interceptions while adding 29 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended last year.
Navy Betting Insights
- Navy won eight games against the spread last season, failing to cover four times.
- Navy was 6-3 ATS last season when playing as at least 6-point underdogs.
- Navy and its opponent combined to hit the over five out of 12 times last year.
Navy Stats & Insights
- Last season Navy racked up 9.2 fewer points per game (20.1) than Memphis surrendered (29.3).
- When Navy put up over 29.3 points last season, it was 3-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- Memphis had a 2-0 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall in games when it allowed opponents to score fewer than 20.1 points last year.
- Navy averaged 134.7 fewer yards per game (283.3) than Memphis allowed per matchup (418.0) last year.
- Last season Navy ran for 59.4 more yards per game (226.5) than Memphis allowed per outing (167.1).
- When Navy ran for over 167.1 yards last year it had an 8-2 ATS record and a 4-6 overall record.
- Last year, Memphis was 4-6 against the spread and 5-5 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 226.5 rushing yards.
- Navy turned the ball over eight times last season, seven fewer times than Memphis forced turnovers (15).
Navy’s Best Players
- Last season Johnny Hodges rushed for 0.0 yards per game.
- Hodges proved to be a strong defender last year, recording 1.0 sack, 2.0 TFL, 47 tackles, and one interception.