Table of Contents
Star running back Ethan Payne and the Marshall Thundering Herd (1-0) play the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-1) on Saturday at 2:30 PM ET, at Notre Dame Stadium.
The Fighting Irish are expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -21) versus the Thundering Herd. The over/under for this game is 51.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Notre Dame vs. Marshall
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 2:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: South Bend, Indiana
- Stadium: Notre Dame Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Notre Dame Betting Insights
- Notre Dame covered nine times in 13 chances against the spread last season.
- Notre Dame won its only game last season when playing as at least 21-point favorites.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total seven times in Notre Dame games.
Notre Dame Stats & Insights
- Notre Dame put up 35.2 points per game last season, 11.4 more than Marshall allowed per outing (23.8).
- Notre Dame was 9-2 against the spread and 11-0 overall last season when the team put up over 23.8 points.
- Last season Marshall had a 6-4 record against the spread and a 7-3 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 35.2 points.
- Notre Dame collected 426.2 yards per game last year, 29.5 more yards than the 396.7 Marshall allowed per outing.
- In games that Notre Dame piled up over 396.7 yards last year, the team was 6-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall.
- When Marshall held its opponents to fewer than 426.2 yards last season, it had a 4-4 record ATS and a 6-2 record overall.
- Notre Dame rushed for 143.8 yards per game last year, 47.6 fewer than the 191.4 Marshall allowed per outing.
- When Notre Dame rushed for over 191.4 yards last season, it had a 3-0 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record.
- Last year, Marshall was 2-2 against the spread and 3-1 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 143.8 rushing yards.
- Notre Dame had 16 giveaways last year, while Marshall had 18 takeaways.
Notre Dame’s Best Players
- Last year Jack Coan recorded 3,150 passing yards (242.3 per game), a 65.7% completion percentage, 25 touchdowns, and seven interceptions.
- Last year, Kyren Williams ran for 1,002 yards on 204 carries (83.5 yards per game) and scored 14 times. Williams also collected 42 catches for 359 yards and three scores.
- Tyler Buchner put up 336 yards on 46 carries (25.8 yards per game), with three rushing touchdowns last year.
- Kevin Austin Jr. amassed 48 receptions for 888 yards and seven touchdowns last season. He was targeted 84 times, and averaged 68.3 yards per game.
- Michael Mayer also impressed receiving last year. He had 71 receptions for 840 yards and seven touchdowns. He was targeted 99 times.
- Avery Davis’ stat line last season: 386 receiving yards, 27 catches, four touchdowns, on 45 targets.
- Isaiah Foskey did his thing last season with a huge stat line of 10.5 sacks, 6.0 TFL and 49 tackles.
- JD Bertrand was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 92 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one sack last year.
- DJ Brown collected three interceptions while adding 36 tackles and three passes defended last year.
Marshall Betting Insights
- Marshall went 6-7-0 ATS last season.
- Marshall and its opponent combined to hit the over seven out of 13 times last season.
Marshall Stats & Insights
- Last season Marshall averaged 13.3 more points per game (33.0) than Notre Dame allowed (19.7).
- When Marshall scored over 19.7 points last season, it was 6-5 against the spread and 7-4 overall.
- Last season Notre Dame had an 8-2 record against the spread and a 9-1 record overall in games when it held opponents to less than 33.0 points.
- Marshall collected 97.3 more yards per game (456.8) than Notre Dame allowed per outing (359.5) last season.
- Marshall was 6-4 against the spread and 7-3 overall when the team picked up over 359.5 yards last year.
- In games Notre Dame limited its opponents to less than 456.8 yards last season, it had an 8-3 record ATS and a 10-1 record overall.
- Last year Marshall piled up 162.2 yards per game on the ground, 26.3 more than Notre Dame allowed per contest (135.9).
- Last year Marshall had a 3-3 ATS record and a 4-2 overall record in games the team ran for more than 135.9 yards.
- Last year, Notre Dame was 7-2 against the spread and 8-1 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 162.2 yards on the ground.
- Marshall had 25 giveaways last season, while Notre Dame had 25 takeaways.
Marshall’s Best Players
- Grant Wells threw for 3,535 yards and 16 touchdowns last season.
- Rasheen Ali racked up 23 rushing touchdowns on 107.8 yards per game last season. Ali was also productive in the passing game, totaling 45 catches and one touchdown over the course of the year.
- Sheldon Evans ran for five touchdowns on 303 yards a year ago.
- Corey Gammage averaged 66.8 receiving yards and collected two receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Willie Johnson caught 32 passes last season on his way to 625 yards and three receiving touchdowns.
- Xavier Gaines averaged 37.2 receiving yards per game on 4.8 targets per game a season ago.
- Last year Eli Neal put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 5.5 sacks, and added 5.0 TFL, 63 tackles, and one interception.
- Abraham Beauplan had a stellar defensive performance last season with 71 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks.
- Steven Gilmore collected three interceptions in addition to 35 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and three passes defended a year ago.