Table of Contents
On Saturday at 12:00 PM ET, the Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) will host the Arkansas State Red Wolves (1-0).
The Red Wolves are expected to lose by at least two touchdowns (currently +44.5) against the Buckeyes (with an over/under of 68.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Ohio State vs. Arkansas State
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: BTN
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Stadium: Ohio Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Ohio State Betting Insights
- Ohio State covered six times in 12 chances against the spread last season.
- Ohio State was favored by 44.5 points or more once last season, and covered the spread.
- Ohio State and its opponent combined to go over the point total in seven of 12 contests last season.
Ohio State Stats & Insights
- Ohio State racked up 7.1 more points per game (45.7) than Arkansas State surrendered (38.6) last season.
- Ohio State was 6-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall last season when the team notched more than 38.6 points.
- Last season Arkansas State had a 5-2 record against the spread and a 2-5 record overall in games when it held opponents to less than 45.7 points.
- Ohio State collected 55.0 more yards per game (561.2) than Arkansas State gave up per outing (506.2) last year.
- Ohio State was 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall when the team totaled more than 506.2 yards last season.
- Arkansas State had a 4-4 record ATS and a 2-6 record overall when holding its opponents to fewer than 561.2 yards last year.
- Last season Ohio State rushed for 80.8 fewer yards per game (180.3) than Arkansas State allowed per contest (261.1).
- When Ohio State rushed for more than 261.1 yards last season, it compiled a 1-1 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record.
- When Arkansas State held its opponents to fewer than 180.3 rushing yards last season, it was 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- Ohio State turned the ball over 11 times last year, six fewer than Arkansas State forced turnovers (17).
Ohio State’s Best Players
- Last year C.J. Stroud produced an impressive passing stat line with 4,435 passing yards (341.2 per game), a 71.9% completion percentage, 44 touchdowns, and six interceptions.
- Last year TreVeyon Henderson took 184 rushing attempts for 1,255 yards (96.5 per game) and scored 15 touchdowns. When it comes to receiving, he also caught 27 passes for 312 yards (24.0 per game) and collected four TDs.
- Miyan Williams posted 507 rushing yards on 71 carries and three touchdowns last season.
- In the previous year, Jaxon Smith-Njigba grabbed 95 passes (on 113 targets) for 1,606 yards (123.5 per game). He also found the end zone nine times.
- Garrett Wilson also impressed receiving last season. He bagged 70 receptions for 1,058 yards and 12 touchdowns. He was targeted 103 times.
- Chris Olave grabbed 65 passes for 936 yards and 13 touchdowns, putting up 72.0 yards per game last season.
- Last season Haskell Garrett amassed 5.5 sacks, 6.0 TFL and 22 tackles.
- Last season Ronnie Hickman grabbed 96 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions.
- Last season Craig Young had a huge stat line of two interceptions, 13 tackles and two passes defended.
Arkansas State Betting Insights
- Arkansas State won six games against the spread last year, failing to cover six times.
- A total of three of Arkansas State games last year went over the point total.
Arkansas State Stats & Insights
- Last season Arkansas State racked up just 2.5 more points per game (25.3) than Ohio State gave up (22.8).
- Arkansas State was 5-1 against the spread and 2-4 overall last season when the team put up over 22.8 points.
- Last season Ohio State had a 5-3 record against the spread and an 8-0 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 25.3 points.
- Arkansas State collected 21.1 more yards per game (395.2) than Ohio State gave up per contest (374.1) last season.
- When Arkansas State picked up more than 374.1 yards last year, the team was 4-2 against the spread and 2-4 overall.
- In games Ohio State held its opponents to less than 395.2 yards last season, it had a 5-2 record ATS and a 7-0 record overall.
- Arkansas State rushed for 82.1 yards per game last season, 45.8 fewer than the 127.9 Ohio State allowed per outing.
- Last year Arkansas State had a 1-1 ATS record and a 1-1 overall record in games the team ran for more than 127.9 yards.
- Last year, Ohio State was 4-2 against the spread and 6-0 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 82.1 yards on the ground.
- Last season Arkansas State turned the ball over 22 times, two more than Ohio State’s takeaways (20).
Arkansas State’s Best Players
- Layne Hatcher completed 58.9% of his passes to throw for 2,423 yards and 19 touchdowns last season.
- Lincoln Pare averaged 37.3 rushing yards per game and scored one rushing touchdown. Pare added 2.2 receptions per game to average 23.6 receiving yards.
- Last season Johnnie Lang Jr. rushed for 273 yards.
- Corey Rucker averaged 69.3 yards on 4.9 receptions per game and compiled nine receiving touchdowns in 2021.
- Te’vailance Hunt caught 52 passes last season on his way to 748 yards and six receiving touchdowns.
- Jeff Foreman averaged 45.9 receiving yards per game on 5.9 targets per game a season ago.
- Last year Joe Ozougwu racked up 7.5 sacks, 8.0 TFL and 49 tackles.
- Elery Alexander had an impactful defensive performance last season with 64 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- Samy Johnson racked up three interceptions in addition to 17 tackles and three passes defended a year ago.