Table of Contents
One of the top running backs in college football will be on display when Bryce Young and the Alabama Crimson Tide (2-0) host the UL Monroe Warhawks (1-1) on Saturday, September 17, 2022.
The Crimson Tide are very heavy favorites (currently -49.5) in their matchup versus the Warhawks, with the over/under at 60.5 points. (On the moneyline, the Crimson Tide are and the Warhawks are .)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Alabama vs. UL Monroe
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: SEC Network
- Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Stadium: Bryant-Denny Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Alabama Betting Insights
- Alabama compiled an 8-7-0 ATS record last year.
- Alabama was favored by 49.5 points or more two times last season, and covered the spread in one of those matchups.
- Alabama games went over the point total six out of 15 times last season.
Alabama Stats & Insights
- Alabama scored 6.4 more points per game (39.9) than UL Monroe gave up (33.5) last season.
- Alabama was 6-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall last season when the team notched more than 33.5 points.
- UL Monroe had a 5-2 record against the spread and a 4-4 record overall in games when it gave up less than 39.9 points last season.
- Alabama averaged 487.7 yards per game last season, 35.4 more yards than the 452.3 UL Monroe gave up per outing.
- Alabama was 5-2 against the spread and 6-1 overall when the team amassed over 452.3 yards last year.
- UL Monroe had a 5-1-1 record ATS and a 4-3 record overall when holding its opponents to fewer than 487.7 yards last season.
- Last season Alabama rushed for 11.9 fewer yards per game (150.0) than UL Monroe allowed per contest (161.9).
- Alabama had a 5-0 ATS record and a 5-0 overall record when the team rushed for over 161.9 yards last year.
- When UL Monroe limited its opponents to fewer than 150.0 rushing yards last year, it was 3-2-1 against the spread and 3-3 overall.
- Last season Alabama had 13 turnovers, four fewer than UL Monroe had takeaways (17).
Alabama’s Best Players
- Last year Young had an impressive passing stat line with 4,865 passing yards (324.3 per game), a 67% completion percentage, 47 touchdowns, and seven interceptions.
- Brian Robinson Jr. picked up 1,334 rushing yards (88.9 per game) and 14 touchdowns last season. In the receiving game, he made 36 catches for 296 yards and two scores.
- Trey Sanders churned out 320 yards on 73 carries (21.3 yards per game), with two rushing touchdowns last year.
- Jameson Williams hauled in 79 catches for 1,572 yards (104.8 per game) while being targeted 119 times. He also scored 15 touchdowns.
- John Metchie also impressed receiving last year. He bagged 96 receptions for 1,135 yards and eight touchdowns. He was targeted 130 times.
- Cameron Latu grabbed 26 passes on 42 targets for 410 yards and eight touchdowns, averaging 27.3 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Will Anderson Jr. racked up 17.0 sacks, 27.0 TFL and 96 tackles.
- Henry To’o To’o was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 98 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and four sacks last year.
- DeMarcco Hellams intercepted three passes last year while also totaling 76 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
UL Monroe Betting Insights
- UL Monroe put together a 5-6-1 record against the spread last season.
- UL Monroe games went over the point total six out of 12 times last season.
UL Monroe Stats & Insights
- Last year UL Monroe racked up just 0.8 more points per game (20.9) than Alabama surrendered (20.1).
- When UL Monroe scored over 20.1 points last season, it was 3-3 against the spread and 3-3 overall.
- Last season Alabama had a 4-2 record against the spread and a 6-0 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 20.9 points.
- UL Monroe collected 328.4 yards per game last season, 25.2 more yards than the 303.2 Alabama gave up per contest.
- When UL Monroe totaled over 303.2 yards last season, the team was 4-4 against the spread and 2-6 overall.
- In games Alabama kept its opponents to fewer than 328.4 yards last year, it had a 6-3 record ATS and a 9-0 record overall.
- UL Monroe rushed for 134.4 yards per game last year, 48.3 more than the 86.1 Alabama allowed per outing.
- Last year UL Monroe had a 5-4 ATS record and a 4-6 overall record in games the team ran for more than 86.1 yards.
- When Alabama limited its opponents to less than 134.4 yards on the ground last year, it was 8-5 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- UL Monroe turned the ball over 15 times last season, six fewer times than Alabama forced turnovers (21).
UL Monroe’s Best Players
- Chandler Rogers averaged 109.3 yards passing per game and tossed nine touchdowns last season. In addition, he added 30.6 yards on the ground per game with one rushing touchdown.
- Andrew Henry compiled 485 rushing yards and four touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Malik Jackson ran for three touchdowns on 451 yards a year ago.
- Jeremiah Knight averaged 49.0 yards on 3.8 receptions per game and compiled three receiving touchdowns in 2021.
- Will Derrick averaged 29.4 receiving yards on 3.4 targets per game in 2021, scoring one touchdown.
- Jared Sparks caught 30 passes on his way to 336 receiving yards and one touchdown a season ago.
- Last year Ty Shelby racked up 5.5 sacks, 4.0 TFL and 35 tackles.
- Zack Woodard was a playmaker on defense last season with 72 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 3.5 sacks, and one interception.
- Josh Newton hauled in two interceptions in addition to 38 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and three passes defended a year ago.