Table of Contents
One of the top running backs in college football will be featured when Khalan Laborn and the Marshall Thundering Herd (2-0) visit the Bowling Green Falcons (0-2) on Saturday, September 17, 2022.
The Thundering Herd are expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -17) versus the Falcons. The over/under for this matchup is 51.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Marshall vs. Bowling Green
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 5:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: NFL Network
- Location: Bowling Green, Ohio
- Stadium: Doyt L. Perry Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Marshall Betting Insights
- Marshall went 6-7-0 ATS last season.
- Marshall covered the spread once when favored by 17 points or more last season (in three opportunities).
- Last season, seven Marshall games went over the point total.
Marshall Stats & Insights
- Last year, Marshall averaged just 2.3 more points per game (33.0) than Bowling Green gave up (30.7).
- Marshall was 4-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall last season when the team scored over 30.7 points.
- When Bowling Green gave up less than 33.0 points last year, it had a 5-0 record against the spread and a 3-2 record overall.
- Marshall collected 82.8 more yards per game (456.8) than Bowling Green gave up per matchup (374.0) last season.
- In games that Marshall picked up over 374.0 yards last year, the team was 6-4 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- In games Bowling Green limited its opponents to less than 456.8 yards last season, it had a 6-3 record ATS and a 3-6 record overall.
- Marshall rushed for 162.2 yards per game last season, 25.6 fewer than the 187.8 Bowling Green allowed per outing.
- Marshall had a 2-2 ATS record and a 3-1 overall record when the team ran for over 187.8 yards last year.
- When Bowling Green limited its opponents to fewer than 162.2 yards on the ground last year, it was 3-3 against the spread and 2-4 overall.
- Last year Marshall turned the ball over 25 times, seven more than Bowling Green’s takeaways (18).
Marshall’s Best Players
- Grant Wells’ previous season stat line: 3,535 passing yards (271.9 per game), 295-for-444 (66.4%), 16 touchdowns and 13 picks.
- Last year Rasheen Ali took 250 carries for 1,401 yards (107.8 per game) and scored 23 touchdowns. When it comes to receiving, he also caught 45 passes for 334 yards (25.7 per game) and collected one TD.
- Sheldon Evans collected 303 rushing yards on 69 carries and five touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Corey Gammage grabbed 78 passes (on 113 targets) for 869 yards (66.8 per game). He also found the end zone two times.
- Willie Johnson tacked on 625 yards on 32 grabs with three touchdowns. He was targeted 57 times, and averaged 48.1 receiving yards per game.
- Xavier Gaines grabbed 42 passes for 483 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 37.2 yards per game last season.
- Eli Neal’s hard work last season produced a stat line of 5.5 sacks, 5.0 TFL, 63 tackles, and one interception.
- Abraham Beauplan was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 71 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks last year.
- Last season Steven Gilmore had a huge stat line of three interceptions, 35 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and three passes defended.
Bowling Green Betting Insights
- Bowling Green went 8-4-0 ATS last year.
- Bowling Green covered the spread three times last year (3-1 ATS) when playing as at least 17-point underdogs.
- Last season, five Bowling Green games hit the over.
Bowling Green Stats & Insights
- Last season Bowling Green put up just 2.4 fewer points per game (21.4) than Marshall surrendered (23.8).
- When Bowling Green scored over 23.8 points last year, it was 3-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall.
- Last year Marshall had a 4-3 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall in games when it held opponents to less than 21.4 points.
- Bowling Green collected 79.5 fewer yards per game (317.2) than Marshall allowed per outing (396.7) last season.
- In games Marshall held its opponents to less than 317.2 yards last year, it had a 1-3 record ATS and a 3-1 record overall.
- Last year Bowling Green ran for 89.1 fewer yards per game (102.3) than Marshall allowed per outing (191.4).
- Marshall was 0-2 against the spread and 1-1 overall when holding opponents to less than 102.3 rushing yards last season.
- Bowling Green had 17 giveaways last season, while Marshall had 18 takeaways.
Bowling Green’s Best Players
- Matt McDonald averaged 212.9 passing yards per contest and tossed 12 touchdowns last season.
- Terion Stewart racked up five rushing touchdowns on 34.3 yards per game last season.
- Nick Mosley rushed for 332 yards and two touchdowns last season.
- Tyrone Broden averaged 49.7 receiving yards and grabbed five receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Austin Osborne caught 64 passes last season on his way to 546 yards and two receiving touchdowns.
- Christian Sims caught 41 passes on his way to 418 receiving yards and two touchdowns a season ago.
- Last year Karl Brooks put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 6.5 sacks, and added 8.0 TFL and 26 tackles.
- Darren Anders put together a strong stat line last year, accruing 88 tackles, 6.0 TFL, three sacks, and one interception.
- A year ago Deshawn Jones Jr. recorded six tackles and three passes defended as well as three interceptions.