Table of Contents
The Carolina Panthers (0-1) go on the road to match up against the New York Giants (1-0) at MetLife Stadium on Sunday, September 18, 2022.
The Giants are small favorites (-2.5) in their matchup versus the Panthers, with the over/under being 43 points. (On the moneyline, the Giants are -135 and the Panthers are +114.)
Game Info, Betting Lines for New York Giants vs. Carolina Panthers
- Game Day: Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Giants
- The Giants went 6-11-0 ATS last season.
- The Giants did not cover the spread when favored by 2.5 points or more last season (in one opportunity).
- The Giants and their opponents combined to go over the point total five out of 17 times last season.
Stats & Insights for Giants
- Last year, the Giants averaged 8.6 fewer points per game (15.2) than the Panthers gave up (23.8).
- The Giants were 3-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall in games when they scored more than 23.8 points last year.
- The Panthers had a 5-0 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall in games when they allowed less than 15.2 points last season.
- The Giants racked up just 18.6 fewer yards per game (287.3) than the Panthers gave up per matchup (305.9) last season.
- In games that the Giants totaled over 305.9 yards last season, the team was 2-4 against the spread and 1-5 overall.
- The Panthers had a 5-3 record ATS and a 5-3 record overall when holding their opponents to less than 287.3 yards last season.
- Last year the Giants piled up 99.3 yards per game on the ground, 14.5 fewer than the Panthers allowed per contest (113.8).
- When the Giants ran for more than 113.8 yards last season, they compiled a 2-3 ATS record and a 1-4 overall record.
- The Panthers were 5-3 against the spread and 5-3 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 99.3 rushing yards last season.
- The Giants turned the ball over 30 times last season, 14 more turnovers than the Panthers forced (16).
Giants’ Best Players
- Daniel Jones: 2,428 PASS YDS / 220.7 YPG / 64.3% / 10 TD / 7 INT / 62 CAR / 298 RUSH YDS / 2 TD
- Saquon Barkley: 162 CAR / 593 YDS / 45.6 YPG / 2 TD / 41 REC / 263 YDS / 20.2 YPG / 2 TD
- Kenny Golladay: 37 REC / 521 YDS / 37.2 YPG / 0 TD
- Kadarius Toney: 39 REC / 420 YDS / 42 YPG / 0 TD
- Sterling Shepard: 36 REC / 366 YDS / 52.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Azeez Ojulari: 49 TKL / 8 TFL / 8 SACK / 2 PD
- Tae Crowder: 130 TKL / 3 TFL / 2 INT / 6 PD
- Xavier McKinney: 93 TKL / 1 TFL / 5 INT / 10 PD
Betting Insights for Panthers
- The Panthers had five wins in 17 games against the spread last year.
- As 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Panthers had two wins ATS (2-6) last season.
- The Panthers had eight of its 17 games go over the point total last season.
Stats & Insights for Panthers
- The Panthers racked up 17.9 points per game last season, 6.6 fewer than the Giants surrendered (24.5).
- The Panthers were 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall last year when the team notched over 24.5 points.
- Last season the Giants had a 3-1 record against the spread and a 3-1 record overall in games when they held opponents to less than 17.9 points.
- The Panthers racked up 298.9 yards per game last year, 55.9 fewer yards than the 354.8 the Giants gave up per outing.
- The Panthers were 3-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall when the team totaled more than 354.8 yards last season.
- In games the Giants held their opponents to fewer than 298.9 yards last season, they had a 1-3 record ATS and a 1-3 record overall.
- The Panthers rushed for 108.4 yards per game last season, 20.6 fewer than the 129 the Giants allowed per outing.
- The Panthers had a 2-1 ATS record and a 2-1 overall record when the team ran for over 129 yards last season.
- Last season, the Giants were 3-4 against the spread and 1-6 overall when holding opponents to less than 108.4 rushing yards.
- The Panthers turned the ball over seven more times (29 total) than the Giants forced turnovers (22) last season.
Best Players for Panthers
- Baker Mayfield: 3,010 PASS YDS / 215 YPG / 60.5% / 17 TD / 13 INT
- Chuba Hubbard: 172 CAR / 612 YDS / 36 YPG / 5 TD / 25 REC / 174 YDS / 10.2 YPG / 1 TD
- D’Onta Foreman: 133 CAR / 566 YDS / 62.9 YPG / 3 TD / 9 REC / 123 YDS / 13.7 YPG / 0 TD
- D.J. Moore: 93 REC / 1,157 YDS / 68.1 YPG / 4 TD
- Laviska Shenault Jr.: 63 REC / 619 YDS / 38.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Robby Anderson: 53 REC / 519 YDS / 30.5 YPG / 5 TD
- Brian Burns: 50 TKL / 13 TFL / 9 SACK / 4 PD
- Xavier Woods: 107 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 SACK / 3 INT / 10 PD