Table of Contents
At Lincoln Financial Field on Saturday, the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (2-0) play the Temple Owls (1-1).
The Owls are expected to lose by at least two touchdowns (currently +17.5) against the Scarlet Knights (with an over/under of 44 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Rutgers vs. Temple
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Rutgers Betting Insights
- Rutgers covered six times in 13 games with a spread last season.
- Rutgers won its only game last season when playing as at least 17.5-point favorites.
- Rutgers games hit the over five out of 13 times last season.
Rutgers Stats & Insights
- Rutgers averaged 17.8 fewer points per game (19.7) than Temple surrendered (37.5) last season.
- Rutgers was 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall last season when the team put up more than 37.5 points.
- Rutgers racked up 310.5 yards per game last season, 86.3 fewer yards than the 396.8 Temple gave up per outing.
- When Temple kept its opponents to fewer than 310.5 yards last year, it had a 0-3 record ATS and a 1-2 record overall.
- Rutgers rushed for 138.5 yards per game last year, 83.1 fewer than the 221.6 Temple allowed per outing.
- Rutgers had a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record when the team rushed for more than 221.6 yards last year.
- Rutgers had 14 turnovers last season, equal to the number of takeaways for Temple.
Rutgers’ Best Players
- Noah Vedral put together an impressive passing stat line last year with 1,817 yards (139.8 yards per game), going 181-for-303 (59.7% completion percentage), seven touchdowns and seven interceptions. He was effective in the running game as well, with 286 rushing yards on 101 carries, two rushing TDs, and averaging 22.0 yards per game.
- Last season, Isaih Pacheco rushed for 650 yards on 167 carries (50.0 yards per game) and scored five times.
- In the previous year, Bo Melton grabbed 55 passes (on 95 targets) for 614 yards (47.2 per game). He also found the end zone three times.
- Shameen Jones produced last season, catching 33 passes for 339 yards. He averaged 26.1 receiving yards per game.
- Aron Cruickshank hauled in 20 passes on 32 targets for 244 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 18.8 receiving yards per game.
- Mohamed Toure did his thing last season with a huge stat line of 4.5 sacks, 5.0 TFL and 39 tackles.
- Olakunle Fatukasi was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 61 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks last year.
- Max Melton intercepted three passes last year while also totaling 20 tackles and three passes defended.
Temple Betting Insights
- Temple had a record of just 2-10-0 against the spread last season.
- Temple did not cover the spread last year (0-3 ATS) when playing as at least 17.5-point underdogs.
- In Temple games last season, combined scoring went over the point total seven times.
Temple Stats & Insights
- Temple put up 9.3 fewer points per game (16.3) than Rutgers allowed (25.6) last season.
- When Temple scored more than 25.6 points last season, it was 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- When Rutgers gave up less than 16.3 points last year, it had a 5-0 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall.
- Temple averaged 286.2 yards per game last year, 111.0 fewer yards than the 397.2 Rutgers gave up per matchup.
- Temple was 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall when the team picked up more than 397.2 yards last year.
- Rutgers had a 5-0 record ATS and a 4-1 record overall when holding its opponents to less than 286.2 yards last year.
- Temple rushed for 110.8 yards per game last season, 51.4 fewer than the 162.2 Rutgers allowed per outing.
- Rutgers was 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall when holding opponents to less than 110.8 rushing yards last season.
- Temple turned the ball over four more times (21 total) than Rutgers forced turnovers (17) last year.
Temple’s Best Players
- D’Wan Mathis completed 59.2% of his passes to throw for 1,223 yards and six touchdowns last season.
- Edward Saydee averaged 27.5 rushing yards per game and scored three rushing touchdowns.
- Justin Lynch ran for one touchdown on 307 yards a year ago.
- Randle Jones was targeted 5.5 times per game and piled up 476 receiving yards and three touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- Jose Barbon grabbed two touchdowns and had 419 receiving yards (34.9 ypg) in 2021.
- Amad Anderson Jr. averaged 23.6 receiving yards per game on 3.1 targets per game a season ago.
- Last year William Kwenkeu accumulated 3.0 sacks, 6.0 TFL and 40 tackles.
- Amir Tyler was a force on the field last season with 46 tackles and 3.0 TFL.
- A year ago Jalen Ware collected 20 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended as well as two interceptions.