Table of Contents
In advance of placing any prop bet wagers on Alvin Kamara for Sunday’s game, which starts at 1:00 PM ET on FOX, here are some insights and stats to consider to make the best bets. NFC South opponents hit the field in Week 2 when Kamara and the New Orleans Saints (1-0) meet the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0) at Caesars Superdome.
Alvin Kamara Player Props vs. Tampa Bay
- Matchup: New Orleans Saints vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Time: 1:00 PM
- Date: September 18, 2022
- Rushing Yards Prop: Over 52.5 (-105)
- Receiving Yards Prop: Over 26.5 (-115)
Alvin Kamara Rushing Stats
- Kamara was a force in the trenches last season, with four rushing touchdowns on 69.1 yards per game. Kamara was also effective in the passing game, tallying 47 catches and five touchdowns over the course of the year.
- Allowing 92.5 rushing yards per game last year, the Buccaneers had the third-ranked run defense in the league.
- The Buccaneers allowed 11 rushing touchdowns last year, fifth in the NFL.
- Kamara racked up 349 rushing yards after contact (thanks in part to 22 broken tackles) last season, 24th in the league among qualified runners.
Against Tampa Bay
- Kamara has averaged 39.5 rushing yards per game in his two career matchups against the Buccaneers, 13.0 fewer yards than his over/under in Sunday’s game.
- Kamara, in two games against them, has gone over 52.5 rushing yards once.
- Kamara, in two matchups against the Buccaneers, has run for a TD once, but not more than one in a single contest.
Last Season Stats: Saints vs. Buccaneers
- The Saints racked up 21.4 points per game last year, comparable to the 20.8 per outing the Buccaneers gave up.
- The Saints collected 27.0 fewer yards per game (304.5) than the Buccaneers allowed per contest (331.5) last season.
- Last year the Saints passed for 51.5 fewer yards per game (187.4) than the Buccaneers allowed per outing (238.9).
- The Saints rushed for 117.1 yards per game last season, 24.6 more than the 92.5 the Buccaneers allowed per contest.
- The Saints turned the ball over 18 times last season, 11 fewer than the Buccaneers forced turnovers (29).