Table of Contents
At Bagwell Field at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium on Saturday, the East Carolina Pirates (2-1) take on the Navy Midshipmen (0-2).
The Midshipmen are expected to lose by at least two touchdowns (currently +17) against the Pirates (with an over/under of 49.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for East Carolina vs. Navy
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Greenville, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bagwell Field at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
East Carolina Betting Insights
- East Carolina covered seven times in 12 chances against the spread last season.
- East Carolina did not cover the spread last season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 17-point favorites.
- East Carolina games hit the over three out of 12 times last season.
East Carolina Stats & Insights
- East Carolina averaged just 1.4 more points per game (29.7) than Navy gave up (28.3) last year.
- East Carolina was 5-2 against the spread and 7-0 overall last season when the team put up more than 28.3 points.
- Navy had a 5-1 record against the spread and a 3-3 record overall in games when it allowed opponents to score less than 29.7 points last year.
- East Carolina collected 84.1 more yards per game (433.3) than Navy gave up per contest (349.2) last season.
- When East Carolina churned out over 349.2 yards last season, the team was 7-3 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- Navy had a 7-3 record ATS and a 4-6 record overall when holding its opponents to fewer than 433.3 yards last season.
- Last season East Carolina racked up 161.8 yards per game on the ground, 30.8 more than Navy allowed per outing (131.0).
- Last year East Carolina had a 6-2 ATS record and a 7-1 overall record in games the team ran for over 131.0 yards.
- Navy was 8-2 against the spread and 4-6 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 161.8 rushing yards last year.
- East Carolina turned the ball over 22 times last year, eight more turnovers than Navy forced (14).
East Carolina’s Best Players
- Holton Ahlers recorded a passing stat line last year of 3,135 yards with a 61.8% completion rate (256-for-414), 18 touchdowns, 10 interceptions, and an average of 261.3 yards per game. His rushing stat line was 116 carries for 199 yards and six TDs.
- Keaton Mitchell picked up 1,132 rushing yards (94.3 per game) and nine touchdowns last season. In the receiving game, he made 22 catches for 257 yards and one score.
- Rahjai Harris ran for 579 yards on 164 carries (48.3 yards per game), with four rushing touchdowns last year.
- In the previous year, Tyler Snead grabbed 67 passes (on 101 targets) for 860 yards (71.7 per game). He also found the end zone four times.
- C.J. Johnson produced last year, catching 34 passes for 510 yards and one touchdown. He averaged 42.5 receiving yards per game.
- Audie Omotosho hauled in 40 passes on 69 targets for 493 yards and three touchdowns, compiling 41.1 receiving yards per game.
- Jeremy Lewis’ hard work last season put together a stat line of 4.0 sacks, 4.0 TFL and 31 tackles.
- Bruce Bivens was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 33 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two sacks last year.
- Ja’Quan McMillian collected five interceptions while adding 23 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and five passes defended last year.
Navy Betting Insights
- Navy put together an 8-4-0 record against the spread last season.
- Navy covered the spread twice when an underdog by 17 points or more last season (in three opportunities).
- Navy games went over the point total five out of 12 times last season.
Navy Stats & Insights
- Navy averaged 20.1 points per game last season, 6.2 fewer than East Carolina surrendered (26.3).
- When Navy put up over 26.3 points last season, it was 3-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- When East Carolina limited opponents to less than 20.1 points last year, it had a 3-1 record against the spread and a 2-2 record overall.
- Navy racked up 111.4 fewer yards per game (283.3) than East Carolina allowed per outing (394.7) last year.
- In games that Navy piled up over 394.7 yards last year, the team was 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- When East Carolina kept its opponents to less than 283.3 yards last season, it had a 2-0 record ATS and a 1-1 record overall.
- Last year Navy averaged 226.5 rushing yards per game, 63.0 more than East Carolina allowed per contest (163.5).
- Navy had an 8-3 ATS record and a 4-7 overall record when the team rushed for more than 163.5 yards last year.
- East Carolina was 7-4 against the spread and 6-5 overall when holding opponents to less than 226.5 rushing yards last season.
- Navy had eight giveaways last season, while East Carolina had 22 takeaways.
Navy’s Best Players
- Jared Behrens compiled 0 rushing yards during last year’s campaign.
- Last year Johnny Hodges put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 1.0 sack, and added 2.0 TFL, 47 tackles, and one interception.