Table of Contents
Star wideout Zay Flowers and the Boston College Eagles (1-2) play the Florida State Seminoles (3-0) on Saturday at 8:00 PM ET at Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium.
The Seminoles are very heavy favorites (currently -17.5) in their game against the Eagles, with the over/under at 48.5 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Seminoles are -1100 and the Eagles are +657.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Florida State vs. Boston College
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ACC Network
- Location: Tallahassee, Florida
- Stadium: Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Florida State Betting Insights
- Boston College is winless against the spread so far this year (0-3-0).
- One of Boston College’s three games with a set total has hit the over (33.3%).
Florida State Stats & Insights
- Florida State ranks 47th in total defense this year (335.7 yards allowed per game), but has been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking 24th-best in the FBS with 495.0 total yards per game.
- Florida State ranks 55th in scoring offense (35.3 points per game) and 49th in scoring defense (20.3 points allowed per game) this year.
- Florida State ranks 59th in passing yards this year (252.7 per game), but has been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking 25th-best in the FBS with 174.3 passing yards allowed per game.
- On the offensive side of the ball, Florida State has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking 11th-best in the FBS by compiling 242.3 per game. The Seminoles rank 86th on defense (161.3 rushing yards allowed per game).
- On offense, Florida State has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking 16th-best in the FBS by averaging a 53.7% third-down conversion rate. The defense ranks 41st on defense (31.4% third-down percentage allowed).
- With five forced turnovers (48th in the FBS) against four turnovers committed (50th in the FBS), Florida State’s +1+1 turnover margin ranks 46th in college football.
Florida State’s Best Players
- Jordan Travis has 624 yards passing for Florida State, completing 67.7% of his passes and recording four touchdowns and one interception this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 32 rushing yards (10.7 ypg) on 14 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- The team’s top rusher, Treshaun Ward, has carried the ball 40 times for 302 yards (100.7 per game), scoring two times.
- This season, Trey Benson has carried the ball 27 times for 190 yards (63.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Johnny Wilson’s 260 yards as a receiver lead the team. He’s been targeted 16 times and has totaled 11 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Ontaria Wilson has put up a 140-yard season so far with two touchdowns, reeling in nine passes on 13 targets.
- Mycah Pittman has racked up eight receptions for 96 yards, an average of 32.0 yards per game..
- Jared Verse has racked up 3.0 sacks to lead the team, while also recording 3.0 TFL and eight tackles.
- Tatum Bethune, Florida State’s top tackler, has 19 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and one sack this year.
- Kevin Knowles II has a team-high one interception to go along with eight tackles and one pass defended.
Boston College Betting Insights
- Boston College has put together a 0-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- Out of Boston College’s three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Boston College Stats & Insights
- Boston College ranks 17th-worst in total yards per game (299.3), but it has been more effective defensively, ranking 42nd in the FBS with 328.0 total yards surrendered per contest.
- With 23.0 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, Boston College ranks 105th in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 54th, giving up 22.0 points per game.
- With 251.3 passing yards per game on offense, Boston College ranks 60th in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 31st, surrendering 179.7 passing yards per game.
- Boston College’s rushing offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, generating 48.0 rushing yards per game, which ranks second-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 77th with 148.3 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- From an offensive angle, Boston College is putting up a 33.3% third-down conversion percentage (102nd-ranked). It ranks 47th in the FBS defensively (32.6% third-down rate allowed).
- After forcing four turnovers (71st in the FBS) and turning the ball over four times (50th in the FBS) this season, Boston College owns the 100th-ranked turnover margin of 0.
Boston College’s Best Players
- Phil Jurkovec has thrown for 738 yards (246.0 per game) while completing 59.4% of his passes and tossing six touchdown passes with three interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Pat Garwo III, has carried the ball 41 times for 118 yards (39.3 per game) with two touchdowns.
- Alex Broome has racked up 32 yards (on eight carries).
- Flowers has racked up 285 receiving yards on 22 receptions to pace his squad so far this season while scoring three touchdowns as a receiver.
- George Takacs has caught 15 passes and compiled 154 receiving yards (51.3 per game) with one touchdown.
- Jaden Williams’ eight grabs (on 15 targets) have netted him 123 yards (41.0 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- Donovan Ezeiruaku has 2.0 sacks to pace the team, and also has 1.0 TFL and 15 tackles.
- Kam Arnold, Boston College’s tackle leader, has 17 tackles and one interception this year.
- Jason Maitre has a team-leading one interception to go along with five tackles and one pass defended.