Table of Contents
At Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday, the Miami Hurricanes (2-1) take on the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (2-1).
The Blue Raiders are expected to lose by at least two touchdowns (currently +26.5) against the Hurricanes (with an over/under of 52.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Miami vs. Middle Tennessee
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ACC Network
- Location: Miami Gardens, Florida
- Stadium: Hard Rock Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Miami Betting Insights
- Middle Tennessee is 2-1-0 against the spread this year.
- One of Middle Tennessee’s three games with a set total has hit the over (33.3%).
Miami Stats & Insights
- On the defensive side of the ball, Miami has been a top-25 unit, ranking 24th-best by allowing only 282.0 yards per game. The offense ranks 34th (474.3 yards per game).
- Miami ranks 49th in points scored this season (36.3 points per game), but has been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 16th-best in the FBS with 12.3 points allowed per game.
- Miami is averaging 257.3 passing yards per game on offense this season (51st in the FBS), and is allowing 198.7 passing yards per game (48th) on defense.
- Miami ranks 29th in rushing yards this season (217.0 rushing yards per game), but has been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking 19th-best in the FBS with 83.3 rushing yards allowed per game.
- On offense, Miami has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking 11th-best in the FBS by putting up a 55.3% third-down conversion rate. The defense ranks 64th on defense (35.9% third-down conversion rate allowed).
- Miami has forced six total turnovers (24th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over three times (33rd in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +3, the 22nd-best in college football.
Miami’s Best Players
- Tyler Van Dyke has racked up 669 yards (223.0 ypg) on 55-of-87 passing with three touchdowns compared to one interception this season.
- Henry Parrish Jr. has 299 rushing yards on 53 carries with four touchdowns.
- This season, Thaddius Franklin Jr. has carried the ball 22 times for 126 yards (42.0 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Xavier Restrepo’s team-high 172 yards as a receiver have come on 11 catches (out of 12 targets) with one touchdown.
- Michael Redding III has grabbed eight passes while averaging 35.0 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Keyshawn Smith has hauled in six receptions for 91 yards, an average of 30.3 yards per game. He’s scored one time as a receiver this season.
- Akheem Mesidor has 1.0 sack to pace the team, and also has 1.0 TFL and four tackles.
- Corey Flagg Jr., Miami’s leading tackler, has seven tackles and 3.0 TFL this year.
- Gilbert Frierson leads the team with one interception, while also putting up one pass defended.
Middle Tennessee Betting Insights
- Middle Tennessee is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- Middle Tennessee has gone over in one of three games with a set total (33.3%).
Middle Tennessee Stats & Insights
- Middle Tennessee has been struggling offensively, ranking 22nd-worst with 313.3 total yards per game. It has been more effective on the other side of the ball, allowing 334.7 total yards per contest (46th-ranked).
- Middle Tennessee is posting 30.0 points per contest on offense this season (81st-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up 23.0 points per game (60th-ranked) on defense.
- From an offensive standpoint, Middle Tennessee is compiling 197.0 passing yards per contest (101st-ranked). It ranks 79th in the FBS defensively (230.7 passing yards surrendered per game).
- From an offensive angle, Middle Tennessee is compiling 116.3 rushing yards per contest (104th-ranked). It ranks 42nd in the FBS defensively (104.0 rushing yards given up per game).
- Middle Tennessee is putting up a 37.8% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (82nd-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering a 37.2% third-down rate (72nd-ranked) on defense.
- At +2, Middle Tennessee owns the 36th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with six forced turnovers (24th in the FBS) and four turnovers committed (50th in the FBS).
Middle Tennessee’s Best Players
- Chase Cunningham has racked up 598 yards on 72.6% passing while tossing four touchdown passes with two interceptions this season.
- Frank Peasant has run for 218 yards on 44 carries so far this year while scoring five times on the ground.
- Stone Frost has collected 33 yards (on four attempts).
- Izaiah Gathings has totaled 20 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 156 (52.0 yards per game). He’s been targeted 20 times.
- Yusuf Ali has put together a 128-yard season so far with one touchdown. He’s caught 16 passes on 21 targets.
- Jaylin Lane has racked up 101 reciving yards (33.7 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Jordan Ferguson has 3.0 sacks to pace the team, and also has 3.0 TFL and 17 tackles.
- Teldrick Ross, Middle Tennessee’s top tackler, has 24 tackles and 1.0 TFL this year.
- Jalen Davis has a team-leading one interception to go along with six tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one pass defended.