Star running back Mohamed Ibrahim and the Minnesota Golden Gophers (3-0) meet the Michigan State Spartans (2-1) on Saturday at 3:30 PM ET at Spartan Stadium.
The Golden Gophers are favored, but by less than a field goal (-2.5), against the Spartans. The over/under for this game is 51 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Minnesota vs. Michigan State
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: BTN
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
- Stadium: Spartan Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Minnesota Betting Insights
- Michigan State is 2-1-0 against the spread this year.
- Michigan State is winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- One of Michigan State’s three games with a set total has hit the over (33.3%).
Minnesota Stats & Insights
- Minnesota has been thriving on both offense and defense, ranking second-best in total offense (554.7 yards per game) and second-best in total defense (170.3 yards allowed per game).
- Minnesota has been a difficult matchup for opposing teams, as they rank top-25 in both scoring offense (eighth-best with 49.7 points per game) and scoring defense (fourth-best with 5.7 points allowed per game) this season.
- On the defensive side of the ball, Minnesota has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking fourth-best by allowing only 100.7 passing yards per game. The Golden Gophers rank 75th on offense (242.0 passing yards per game).
- Minnesota has been a difficult matchup for opposing teams in the running game, ranking top-25 in both rushing offense (second-best with 312.7 rushing yards per game) and rushing defense (ninth-best with 69.7 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Minnesota has been a tough matchup for opposing teams on third down, ranking top-25 in both third-down offense (best with a 77.5% third-down percentage) and third-down defense (best with a 11.8% third-down conversion rate allowed) this season.
- Minnesota ranks 46th in college football with a +1 turnover margin after forcing 3 turnovers (92nd in the FBS) and committing two (19th in the FBS).
Minnesota’s Best Players
- Tanner Morgan has compiled 618 yards (206.0 ypg) on 38-of-53 passing with four touchdowns compared to one interception this season.
- Ibrahim has carried the ball 67 times for a team-high 464 yards on the ground and has found the end zone seven times as a runner.
- This season, Treyson Potts has carried the ball 40 times for 219 yards (73.0 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Chris Autman-Bell’s 214 yards as a receiver pace the team. He’s been targeted 15 times and has collected 11 receptions and one touchdown.
- Brevyn Spann-Ford has caught eight passes for 127 yards (42.3 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Mike Brown-Stephens has a total of 107 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in six throws.
- Danny Striggow leads the team with 2.0 sacks, and also has 2.0 TFL and five tackles.
- Minnesota’s leading tackler, Mariano Sori-Marin, has 16 tackles and 2.0 TFL this year.
- Jordan Howden has picked off a team-high one pass. He also has seven tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended to his name.
Michigan State Betting Insights
- Michigan State is 2-1-0 against the spread this year.
- Michigan State is 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 2.5 points or greater this year.
- Michigan State has gone over in one of three games with a set total (33.3%).
Michigan State Stats & Insights
- Michigan State is generating 430.3 total yards per game on offense this season (60th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing 354.0 total yards per game (60th-ranked).
- Michigan State ranks 36th in the FBS with 38.3 points per contest on offense, and it ranks 35th with 17.3 points surrendered per contest on defense.
- From an offensive standpoint, Michigan State is putting up 264.0 passing yards per contest (43rd-ranked). It ranks 103rd in the FBS on defense (264.3 passing yards surrendered per game).
- With 166.3 rushing yards per game on offense, Michigan State ranks 65th in the FBS. On defense it ranks 26th, surrendering 89.7 rushing yards per contest.
- Michigan State is generating a 46.2% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (43rd-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up a 33.3% third-down rate (52nd-ranked) on defense.
- After forcing six turnovers (24th in the FBS) and turning the ball over five times (74th in the FBS) this season, Michigan State has the 46th-ranked turnover margin of +1.
Michigan State’s Best Players
- Payton Thorne has thrown for 768 yards (256.0 yards per game) while completing 63.8% of his passes and collecting seven touchdown passes with four interceptions this season. He’s also rushed for 34 yards .
- Jalen Berger is his team’s leading rusher with 46 carries for 254 yards, or 84.7 per game. He’s found the end zone four times on the ground, as well.
- Jarek Broussard has been given 29 carries and totaled 138 yards with two touchdowns.
- Keon Coleman leads his squad with 236 receiving yards on 15 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Tre Mosley has collected 141 receiving yards (47.0 yards per game) and three touchdowns on nine receptions.
- Jayden Reed has racked up 107 reciving yards (35.7 ypg) this season.
- Jacoby Windmon has 5.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has 2.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Angelo Grose is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s collected 21 tackles and 1.0 TFL.
- Coleman has picked off a team-high zero passes. He also has 21 tackles and 1.0 TFL to his name.