Table of Contents
At Ross-Ade Stadium on Saturday, Charlie Jones and the Purdue Boilermakers (1-2) play N’Kosi Perry and the Florida Atlantic Owls (2-2) in a matchup between two of the brightest stars in college football, starting at 7:30 PM ET.
The Boilermakers are very heavy favorites (currently -19) in their game against the Owls, with the over/under at 61 points. (On the moneyline, the Boilermakers are -1204 and the Owls are +702.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Purdue vs. Florida Atlantic
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: BTN
- Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
- Stadium: Ross-Ade Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Purdue Betting Insights
- Florida Atlantic is 2-2-0 against the spread this year.
- One of Florida Atlantic’s four games with a set total has hit the over (25%).
Purdue Stats & Insights
- On the defensive side of the ball, Purdue has been a top-25 unit, ranking 25th-best by allowing just 285.7 yards per game. The offense ranks 31st (477.3 yards per game).
- Purdue is putting up 38.7 points per game on offense, which ranks them 35th in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, the defense ranks 55th, surrendering 22.3 points per contest.
- Purdue has the 42nd-ranked defense this season in terms of passing yards (194.3 allowed per game), and has been more effective on offense, ranking seventh-best with 356.3 passing yards per game.
- Purdue is totaling 121.0 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 100th in the FBS. The team’s defensive unit ranks 29th, surrendering 91.3 rushing yards per game.
- On defense, Purdue has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking 21st-best by surrendering a 26.2% third-down percentage. The team’s offense ranks 27th (50.0% third-down percentage).
- With four forced turnovers (71st in the FBS) against three turnovers committed (33rd in the FBS), Purdue’s +1+1 turnover margin ranks 46th in college football.
Purdue’s Best Players
- Aidan O’Connell has thrown for 991 yards (330.3 ypg) to lead Purdue, completing 64.4% of his passes and collecting eight touchdown passes compared to one interception this season.
- Devin Mockobee has racked up 100 yards on 21 carries while finding paydirt two times.
- Dylan Downing has carried the ball 25 times for 91 yards (30.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jones’ leads his squad with 474 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 32 catches (out of 44 targets) and scored five touchdowns.
- Payne Durham has put together a 133-yard season so far with two touchdowns, reeling in 13 passes on 20 targets.
- TJ Sheffield has a total of 94 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in nine throws.
- Scotty Humpich leads the team with 1.0 sack, and also has 1.0 TFL and five tackles.
- Jalen Graham is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s collected six tackles.
- Jamari Brown leads the team with one interception, while also collecting one pass defended.
Florida Atlantic Betting Insights
- Florida Atlantic is 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Florida Atlantic has hit the over in one of four games with a set total (25%).
Florida Atlantic Stats & Insights
- From an offensive perspective, Florida Atlantic is putting up 471.8 total yards per game (38th-ranked). It ranks 99th in the FBS on defense (413.5 total yards given up per game).
- Florida Atlantic ranks 60th in the FBS with 34.3 points per contest on offense, and it ranks 73rd with 25.8 points allowed per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- Florida Atlantic has been struggling to stop the pass, ranking 19th-worst with 275.8 passing yards allowed per game. It has been better on the other side of the ball, posting 250.3 passing yards per contest (61st-ranked).
- Florida Atlantic’s run offense has been consistently moving the chains, racking up 221.5 rushing yards per contest (22nd-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 68th by surrendering 137.8 rushing yards per game.
- Florida Atlantic’s third-down offense has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks 20th-best in the FBS with a 52.5% third-down conversion rate. In terms of defense, it is surrendering a 39.6% third-down rate, which ranks 89th.
- With four forced turnovers (71st in the FBS) and four turnovers committed (50th in the FBS) this season, Florida Atlantic ranks 100th in the FBS with a turnover margin of 0.
Florida Atlantic’s Best Players
- Perry has racked up 987 yards (246.8 ypg) while completing 57.7% of his passes and collecting 10 touchdown passes with two interceptions this season. He’s also rushed for 58 yards with two touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Larry McCammon III, has carried the ball 54 times for 394 yards (98.5 per game) with two touchdowns.
- Zuberi Mobley has run for 270 yards across 47 attempts, scoring three touchdowns.
- LaJohntay Wester paces his team with 239 receiving yards on 20 receptions with four touchdowns.
- Jahmal Edrine has put up a 206-yard season so far with two touchdowns. He’s caught 14 passes on 24 targets.
- Je’Quan Burton has racked up 170 reciving yards (42.5 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
- Eddie Williams, the team’s tackle and sacks leader, has amassed 2.0 sacks, 2.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- Justin McKithen leads the team with one interception, while also collecting three tackles and one pass defended.