Table of Contents
Star wide receiver Rashee Rice and the SMU Mustangs (2-1) face the TCU Horned Frogs (2-0) on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET at Gerald J. Ford Stadium.
The Horned Frogs are favored, but by less than a field goal (-1), versus the Mustangs. The over/under for this matchup is 69.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for TCU vs. SMU
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: University Park, Texas
- Stadium: Gerald J. Ford Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
TCU Betting Insights
- TCU won just two games against the spread last season.
- TCU was favored by 1 point or more six times last season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- A total of six TCU games last season went over the point total.
TCU Stats & Insights
- TCU put up 28.7 points per game last season, comparable to the 28.4 per matchup SMU gave up.
- TCU was 2-5 against the spread and 5-2 overall in games when it recorded more than 28.4 points last season.
- SMU had a 4-2 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall in games when it surrendered fewer than 28.7 points last season.
- TCU averaged only 15.5 more yards per game (430.1) than SMU allowed per matchup (414.6) last year.
- TCU was 2-5 against the spread and 5-2 overall when the team piled up more than 414.6 yards last year.
- When SMU held its opponents to less than 430.1 yards last year, it had a 4-2 record ATS and a 5-1 record overall.
- Last year TCU rushed for 57.1 more yards per game (193.6) than SMU allowed per outing (136.5).
- Last year TCU had a 1-8 ATS record and a 4-5 overall record in games the team ran for over 136.5 yards.
- SMU was 4-5-1 against the spread and 7-3 overall when holding opponents to less than 193.6 rushing yards last season.
- TCU turned the ball over 16 times last year, one more turnover than SMU forced (15).
TCU’s Best Players
- Last year Max Duggan put up 2,048 passing yards (170.7 per game), a 63.9% completion percentage, 16 touchdowns, and six interceptions. He also added 352 rushing yards on 105 carries with three rushing TDs (averaging 29.3 rushing yards per game).
- Zach Evans churned out 641 rushing yards (53.4 per game) and five touchdowns last season.
- Kendre Miller put up 623 rushing yards on 83 carries and seven touchdowns last season.
- Quentin Johnston collected 33 receptions for 612 yards and six touchdowns last year. He was targeted 59 times, and averaged 51.0 yards per game.
- Derius Davis tacked on 518 yards on 36 grabs with one touchdown. He was targeted 54 times, and averaged 43.2 receiving yards per game.
- Taye Barber’s stat line last season: 499 receiving yards, 30 catches, two touchdowns, on 40 targets.
- Dylan Horton did his thing last season with a memorable stat line of 4.0 sacks, 8.0 TFL and 43 tackles.
- Last season Dee Winters averaged 60 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions.
- Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson intercepted two passes last year while also totaling 26 tackles and two passes defended.
SMU Betting Insights
- SMU covered five times in 12 chances against the spread last season.
- SMU covered the spread once last season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- A total of six of SMU games last season went over the point total.
SMU Stats & Insights
- Last season SMU averaged 3.5 more points per game (38.4) than TCU surrendered (34.9).
- SMU was 5-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall last season when the team notched more than 34.9 points.
- Last year TCU had a 2-6 record against the spread and a 5-3 record overall in games when it held opponents to less than 38.4 points.
- SMU collected 465.9 yards per game last year, just 4.1 more than the 461.8 TCU gave up per matchup.
- In games that SMU amassed more than 461.8 yards last year, the team was 5-1 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- When TCU kept its opponents to less than 465.9 yards last season, it had a 1-5 record ATS and a 4-2 record overall.
- Last season SMU rushed for 60.7 fewer yards per game (161.4) than TCU allowed per contest (222.1).
- When SMU rushed for more than 222.1 yards last season it had a 2-0 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record.
- When TCU limited its opponents to fewer than 161.4 rushing yards last year, it was 0-4 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- Last season SMU turned the ball over 18 times, four more than TCU’s takeaways (14).
SMU’s Best Players
- Tanner Mordecai averaged 302.3 passing yards per outing and threw for 39 touchdowns last season. In addition, he added 16.8 yards on the ground per game with two rushing touchdowns.
- Tre Siggers averaged 60.6 rushing yards per game and scored nine rushing touchdowns.
- Ulysses Bentley IV rushed for 610 yards and four touchdowns last season.
- Danny Gray was targeted six times per game and piled up 803 receiving yards and nine touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- Rice caught 64 passes last season on his way to 670 yards and nine receiving touchdowns.
- Reggie Roberson Jr. caught 51 passes on his way to 625 receiving yards and six touchdowns a season ago.
- Last year DeVere Levelston put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 6.5 sacks, and added 9.0 TFL and 32 tackles.
- Delano Robinson put together a great stat line last year, collecting 67 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- Last year Trevor Denbow intercepted two passes to go along with 37 tackles and two passes defended.