Table of Contents
Star running back Bijan Robinson and the Texas Longhorns (2-1) face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-1) on Saturday at 3:30 PM ET at Jones AT&T Stadium.
The Longhorns are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-6.5), against the Red Raiders. The over/under for this matchup is 59.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Texas vs. Texas Tech
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Lubbock, Texas
- Stadium: Jones AT&T Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Texas Betting Insights
- Texas Tech has covered the spread once in three games this year.
- Texas Tech has not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 6.5 points or more this season (0-1).
- Texas Tech has gone over in one of three games with a set total (33.3%).
Texas Stats & Insights
- Texas ranks 80th in total offense (404.3 yards per game) and 54th in total defense (347.0 yards allowed per game) this season.
- Texas is totaling 37.3 points per game on offense, which ranks them 41st in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, the defense ranks 32nd, surrendering 16.7 points per game.
- Texas ranks 83rd in pass offense (234.0 passing yards per game) and 68th in pass defense (216.3 passing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Texas ranks 62nd in run offense (170.3 rushing yards per game) and 61st in run defense (130.7 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
- From an offensive standpoint, Texas ranks 102nd in the FBS with a 33.3% third-down conversion rate. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 101st in third-down conversion rate allowed (130.7).
- With two forced turnovers (110th in the FBS) against one turnover committed (sixth in the FBS), Texas (+1) has the 46th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
Texas’ Best Players
- Robinson has carried the ball 51 times for a team-high 311 yards (103.7 per game) with five scores. He has also caught seven passes for 132 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- This season, Roschon Johnson has carried the ball 21 times for 131 yards (43.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- Xavier Worthy has hauled in 11 receptions for 162 yards (54.0 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. .
- Jordan Whittington has caught 14 passes while averaging 48.7 yards per game.
- Barryn Sorrell has collected 1.5 sacks to lead the team, while also picking up 2.0 TFL and seven tackles.
- Jaylan Ford is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s picked up 22 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack.
- D’Shawn Jamison leads the team with one interception, while also putting up three passes defended.
Texas Tech Betting Insights
- Texas Tech is 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Texas Tech is winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Out of Texas Tech’s three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Texas Tech Stats & Insights
- Texas Tech ranks 33rd with 475.3 total yards per game on offense, and it ranks 28th with 294.0 total yards ceded per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- In terms of points scored Texas Tech ranks 45th in the FBS (36.7 points per game), and it is 55th on defense (22.3 points allowed per game).
- Texas Tech’s pass offense has been thriving, racking up 374.0 passing yards per game (fourth-best) this season. On defense, it ranks 64th by allowing 211.0 passing yards per game.
- While Texas Tech’s run offense has had trouble moving the chains, ranking 18th-worst with 101.3 rushing yards per game, its defense ranks 18th-best with just 83.0 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- Texas Tech’s offense has been struggling on third down, ranking 24th-worst in the FBS with a 32.5% third-down conversion percentage. It has been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, surrendering a 30.0% third-down rate (32nd-ranked).
- Texas Tech has a -5 turnover margin this season, which ranks 100th in the FBS.
Texas Tech’s Best Players
- Donovan Smith leads Texas Tech with 786 yards on 71-of-110 passing with seven touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Tahj Brooks, has carried the ball 28 times for 134 yards (44.7 per game) with four touchdowns. He’s also caught 12 passes for 85 yards.
- SaRodorick Thompson has totaled 98 yards on 21 carries, while also catching six passes for 58 yards and one score.
- Jerand Bradley has collected 14 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 172 (57.3 yards per game). He’s been targeted 27 times and has two touchdowns.
- Loic Fouonji has caught nine passes and compiled 168 receiving yards (56.0 per game) with two touchdowns.
- Myles Price has racked up 167 reciving yards (55.7 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
- Tyree Wilson leads the team with 2.5 sacks. He’s also the team’s tackle leader, and has racked up 4.0 TFL and 19 tackles.
- Reggie Pearson Jr. has picked off a team-high one pass. He also has seven tackles and one pass defended to his name.