Table of Contents
The Kansas State Wildcats (2-1) play on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET versus the Texas Tech Red Raiders (3-1) at Bill Snyder Family Football Stadium.
The Wildcats are expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -8) against the Red Raiders. The over/under for this game is 57.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Kansas State vs. Texas Tech
- Game Day: Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Manhattan, Kansas
- Stadium: Bill Snyder Family Football Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Kansas State Betting Insights
- Texas Tech is 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Texas Tech has not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 8 points or more this season (0-1).
- Two of Texas Tech’s four games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
Kansas State Stats & Insights
- Defensively, Kansas State has been a top-25 unit, ranking 19th-best by surrendering just 276.0 yards per game. The offense ranks 99th (354.7 yards per game).
- On defense, Kansas State has been a top-25 unit, ranking 10th-best by allowing only 9.7 points per game. The offense ranks 86th (28.0 points per game).
- Kansas State has the 11th-best pass defense this season (147.7 passing yards allowed per game), but ranks fifth-worst on offense (115.3 passing yards per game).
- Offensively, Kansas State has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking 11th-best in the FBS by totaling 239.3 per game. The Wildcats rank 54th on defense (128.3 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Kansas State has struggled on third down, ranking ninth-worst in the FBS (26.2%) this season. However, the defense ranks ninth-best on the defensive side of the ball, allowing a 25.0% third-down conversion rate.
- With seven forced turnovers (27th in the FBS) against one turnover committed (third in the FBS), Kansas State’s +6 turnover margin is the eighth-best in college football.
Kansas State’s Best Players
- Adrian Martinez has been a dual threat for Kansas State so far this season. He has 538 passing yards, completing 62% of his passes and throwing two touchdown passes this season. He’s rushed for 298 yards (74.5 ypg) on 60 carries with six rushing touchdowns.
- Deuce Vaughn has 468 rushing yards on 87 carries with three touchdowns.
- Malik Knowles has hauled in 14 receptions for 144 yards (36.0 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone one time as a receiver.
- Phillip Brooks has reeled in 11 passes while averaging 29.8 yards per game.
- Ben Sinnott has a total of 102 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in nine passes.
- Felix Anudike has 2.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has 2.0 TFL and 11 tackles.
- Austin Moore, Kansas State’s tackle leader, has 16 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks this year.
- Daniel Green has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has eight tackles and two passes defended to his name.
Texas Tech Betting Insights
- Texas Tech is 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Texas Tech is winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 8-point underdogs.
- Out of Texas Tech’s four games with a set total, two have hit the over (50%).
Texas Tech Stats & Insights
- With 476.5 total yards per game on the offensive side of the ball, Texas Tech ranks 33rd in the FBS in 2022. Defensively, it ranks 39th, surrendering 327.0 total yards per game.
- With 36.8 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, Texas Tech ranks 46th in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 69th, allowing 25.3 points per game.
- Texas Tech’s pass defense ranks 74th in the FBS with 227.5 passing yards given up per game, but it has been led by its offense, which ranks fourth-best by racking up 363.3 passing yards per game.
- In terms of rushing, Texas Tech ranks 104th in the FBS on offense (113.3 rushing yards per game) and 34th on the other side of the ball (99.5 rushing yards allowed per contest).
- Texas Tech ranks 102nd in the FBS with a 33.3% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and 36th with a 30.5% third-down percentage allowed on defense.
- With five forced turnovers (61st in the FBS) and eight turnovers committed (107th in the FBS) this season, Texas Tech ranks 100th in the FBS with a turnover margin of -3.
Texas Tech’s Best Players
- Donovan Smith has racked up 1,117 yards on 65.7% passing while recording nine touchdown passes with five interceptions this season. He’s also rushed for 71 yards with three scores.
- The team’s top rusher, Tahj Brooks, has carried the ball 40 times for 170 yards (42.5 per game) with four touchdowns. He’s also caught 16 passes for 106 yards and one touchdown.
- SaRodorick Thompson has run for 168 yards across 38 carries, scoring one touchdown.
- Myles Price has racked up 265 receiving yards on 25 catches to pace his team so far this season while scoring two touchdowns as a receiver.
- Jerand Bradley has recorded 198 receiving yards (49.5 yards per game) and two touchdowns on 16 receptions.
- Nehemiah Martinez’s 19 targets have resulted in 14 catches for 179 yards and one touchdown.
- Tyree Wilson, the team’s tackle and sacks leader, has recorded 3.0 sacks, 4.0 TFL and 25 tackles.
- Reggie Pearson Jr. has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 12 tackles and two passes defended to his name.