At 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, the Oklahoma Sooners (3-0) play at the TCU Horned Frogs (3-0).
The Horned Frogs are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+6.5), against the Sooners (with an over/under of 68 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Oklahoma vs. TCU
- Game Day: Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- Stadium: Amon G. Carter Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Oklahoma Betting Insights
- TCU has covered every spread it has faced this year (3-0-0).
- TCU hase gone over in two of three games with a set total (66.7%).
Oklahoma Stats & Insights
- Oklahoma ranks 33rd in total defense this season (312.7 yards allowed per game), but has been shining on offense, ranking 16th-best in the FBS with 500.7 total yards per game.
- Oklahoma has been finding success on both offense and defense, ranking 22nd-best in scoring offense (42.3 points per game) and 12th-best in scoring defense (10.0 points allowed per game).
- From an offensive standpoint, Oklahoma ranks 47th in the FBS with 265.7 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 41st in passing yards allowed per contest (194.3).
- On offense, Oklahoma has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking 13th-best in the FBS by compiling 235.0 per game. The Sooners rank 48th on defense (118.3 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Oklahoma is averaging a 44.4% third-down conversion rate on offense (47th in the FBS), and ranks 60th on the other side of the ball with a 35.4% third-down percentage allowed.
- With five forced turnovers (61st in the FBS) against one turnover committed (third in the FBS), Oklahoma’s +4 turnover margin is the 16th-best in college football.
Oklahoma’s Best Players
- Dillon Gabriel has thrown for 1,089 yards (272.3 ypg) to lead Oklahoma, completing 66.7% of his passes and recording 11 touchdown passes this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 126 rushing yards on 23 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Eric Gray has 400 rushing yards on 53 carries with two touchdowns. He’s also tacked on 11 catches for 88 yards (22.0 per game).
- Marcus Major has racked up 164 yards on 33 carries, scoring four times.
- Marvin Mims’ team-leading 397 yards as a receiver have come on 18 receptions (out of 26 targets) with three touchdowns.
- Theo Wease has hauled in 11 receptions totaling 195 yards, finding the end zone two times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Jalil Farooq has been the target of 16 passes and racked up nine grabs for 136 yards, an average of 34.0 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone one time through the air this season.
- Reggie Grimes has racked up 4.0 sacks to pace the team, while also recording 4.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- David Ugwoegbu is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s racked up 26 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Gentry Williams leads the team with one interception, while also recording one pass defended.
TCU Betting Insights
- TCU’s ATS record is 3-0-0 this season.
- Two of TCU’s three games with a set total have hit the over (66.7%).
TCU Stats & Insights
- TCU’s offensive attack has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks 10th-best in the FBS with 510.0 total yards per contest. In terms of defense, it is ceding 373.0 total yards per game, which ranks 73rd.
- TCU’s offense has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks ninth-best in the FBS with 46.3 points per game. In terms of defense, it is allowing 21.3 points per game, which ranks 49th.
- TCU ranks 26th in the FBS with 294.7 passing yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 105th with 272.3 passing yards allowed per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- In terms of rushing, TCU ranks 26th in the FBS on offense (215.3 rushing yards per game) and 36th on the other side of the ball (100.7 rushing yards allowed per game).
- While TCU’s third-down defense has been stuck in neutral, ranking 25th-worst by giving up a 43.5% third-down conversion percentage, its offense ranks 21st-best with a 50.0% third-down rate.
- TCU has fared really well in terms of turnovers, as the team’s turnover margin of +3 ranks 24th-best in the FBS, with four forced turnovers (84th in the nation) and one turnover committed (third in the nation).
TCU’s Best Players
- Max Duggan has compiled 695 yards (231.7 yards per game) while completing 77% of his passes and tossing eight touchdown passes this season. He’s also rushed for 33 yards .
- Kendre Miller has run for 250 yards on 38 carries so far this year while scoring three times on the ground.
- Emari Demercado has rushed for 120 yards on 16 carries with three touchdowns.
- Derius Davis’ 126 receiving yards (42.0 yards per game) are best on his team. He has seven receptions on eight targets with two touchdowns.
- Jordan Hudson has racked up 102 receiving yards (34.0 yards per game) and one touchdown on seven receptions.
- Taye Barber’s eight receptions (on 11 targets) have netted him 101 yards (33.7 ypg).
- Dee Winters has 1.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has 2.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- TCU’s leading tackler, Jamoi Hodge, has 18 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 0.5 sacks this year.
- Josh Newton has a team-high two interceptions to go along with six tackles, 2.0 TFL, and two passes defended.