Table of Contents
At Jonah Field at War Memorial Stadium on Saturday, the San Jose State Spartans (1-1) play the Wyoming Cowboys (3-1).
The Spartans are the favorites (-3) in their game against the Cowboys, with the over/under being 42 points. (On the moneyline, the Spartans are -150 and the Cowboys are +124.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for San Jose State vs. Wyoming
- Game Day: Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: Laramie, Wyoming
- Stadium: Jonah Field at War Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
San Jose State Betting Insights
- San Jose State won five games against the spread last season, failing to cover seven times.
- San Jose State covered the spread twice when favored by 3 points or more last season (in five opportunities).
- San Jose State and its opponent combined to go over the point total in six of 12 contests last season.
San Jose State Stats & Insights
- San Jose State averaged 3.7 fewer points per game (20.0) than Wyoming gave up (23.7) last year.
- When San Jose State put up more than 23.7 points last year, it went 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- Last year Wyoming had a 3-3 record against the spread and a 4-2 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 20.0 points.
- San Jose State racked up 340.3 yards per game last year, 30.2 fewer yards than the 370.5 Wyoming gave up per outing.
- When San Jose State churned out over 370.5 yards last year, the team was 4-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- Wyoming had a 1-5 record ATS and a 3-3 record overall when holding its opponents to fewer than 340.3 yards last year.
- Last season San Jose State piled up 120.6 yards per game on the ground, 60.1 fewer than Wyoming allowed per outing (180.7).
- San Jose State had a 2-1 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record when the team ran for over 180.7 yards last season.
- Wyoming was 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall when holding opponents to less than 120.6 rushing yards last year.
- Last year San Jose State turned the ball over 23 times, nine more than Wyoming’s takeaways (14).
San Jose State’s Best Players
- Nick Starkel had a passing stat line last year of 1,645 yards with a 51.6% completion rate (128-for-248), nine touchdowns, seven interceptions, and an average of 137.1 yards per game.
- Tyler Nevens churned out 756 rushing yards (63.0 per game) and seven touchdowns last year.
- Nick Nash posted 386 rushing yards on 68 carries and two touchdowns last season.
- In the previous year, Derrick Deese Jr. grabbed 47 passes (on 84 targets) for 730 yards (60.8 per game). He also found the end zone four times.
- Isaiah Hamilton produced last year, grabbing 31 passes for 414 yards and two touchdowns. He averaged 34.5 receiving yards per game.
- Jermaine Braddock reeled in 27 passes on 52 targets for 390 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 32.5 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Viliami Fehoko racked up 7.0 sacks, 8.0 TFL and 27 tackles.
- Last season Kyle Harmon tallied 95 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Nehemiah Shelton intercepted two passes last year while also totaling 47 tackles and two passes defended.
Wyoming Betting Insights
- Wyoming put together a 5-7-1 record against the spread last year.
- Wyoming was 3-2 ATS last year when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- Wyoming and its opponent combined to hit the over seven out of 13 times last season.
Wyoming Stats & Insights
- Wyoming racked up just 1.1 fewer points per game (25.4) than San Jose State surrendered (26.5) last year.
- Wyoming was 3-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall in games when it recorded more than 26.5 points last year.
- When San Jose State gave up less than 25.4 points last year, it had a 4-2 record against the spread and a 4-2 record overall.
- Wyoming averaged only 2.5 more yards per game (373.8) than San Jose State allowed (371.3) per matchup last year.
- Wyoming was 3-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall when the team totaled more than 371.3 yards last year.
- In games San Jose State held its opponents to fewer than 373.8 yards last year, it had a 4-2 record ATS and a 3-3 record overall.
- Wyoming rushed for 211.2 yards per game last season, 76.0 more than the 135.2 San Jose State allowed per outing.
- Wyoming had a 3-3 ATS record and a 6-1 overall record when the team rushed for over 135.2 yards last year.
- When San Jose State limited its opponents to less than 211.2 rushing yards last year, it was 4-6 against the spread and 4-6 overall.
- Last year Wyoming turned the ball over 17 times, five more than San Jose State’s takeaways (12).
Wyoming’s Best Players
- Sean Chambers threw for 1,125 yards and six touchdowns last season. He also chipped in on the ground, collecting three touchdowns while racking up 198 yards.
- Xazavian Valladay averaged 81.8 rushing yards and tallied six rushing touchdowns. Valladay added 1.8 receptions per game to average 17.9 receiving yards.
- Titus Swen ran for seven touchdowns on 785 yards a year ago.
- Isaiah Neyor averaged 67.5 receiving yards and racked up 12 receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Ayden Eberhardt had 298 receiving yards (22.9 ypg) in 2021.
- Joshua Cobbs averaged 18.8 receiving yards per game on three targets per game a season ago.
- Last year Cole Godbout collected 5.0 sacks, 5.0 TFL and 47 tackles.
- Chad Muma put together a great stat line last year, tallying 90 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and three interceptions.