Table of Contents
One of the top wideouts in college football will be on show when Jordan Addison and the USC Trojans (3-0) host the Arizona State Sun Devils (1-2) on Saturday, October 1, 2022.
The Trojans are very heavy favorites (currently -26) in their game against the Sun Devils, with the over/under being 60.5 points. (On the moneyline, the Trojans are -7045 and the Sun Devils are +1477.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for USC vs. Arizona State
- Game Day: Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Game Time: 10:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
USC Betting Insights
- Arizona State is 1-3-0 against the spread this season.
- Arizona State’s four games with a set total this season have all finished under the over/under.
USC Stats & Insights
- USC owns the 78th-ranked defense this year (380.7 yards allowed per game), and has been more effective on offense, ranking eighth-best with a tally of 520.0 yards per game.
- On offense, USC has been a top-25 unit, ranking second-best in the FBS by totaling 50.7 points per game. The Trojans rank 39th on defense (19.7 points allowed per game).
- USC owns the 53rd-ranked defense this season in terms of passing yards (203.7 allowed per game), and has been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 18th-best with 318.3 passing yards per game.
- USC ranks 32nd in run offense (201.7 rushing yards per game) and 105th in run defense (177.0 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- USC is putting up a 48.1% third-down conversion rate on offense (31st in the FBS), and ranks 67th on defense with a 36.8% third-down percentage allowed.
- USC has the best turnover margin in college football at +10, forcing 10 turnovers (fifth in the FBS) while turning it over zero times (100th in the FBS).
USC’s Best Players
- Caleb Williams has 1,054 passing yards for USC, completing 65.6% of his passes and recording nine touchdowns this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 100 rushing yards (25.0 ypg) on 36 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Travis Dye has carried the ball 49 times for a team-high 360 yards on the ground and has found the end zone three times as a runner. He’s also tacked on eight catches for 85 yards (21.3 per game).
- This season, Austin Jones has carried the ball 29 times for 207 yards (51.8 per game) and three touchdowns, while also racking up 68 yards through the air.
- Addison’s team-high 337 yards as a receiver have come on 21 receptions (out of 27 targets) with six touchdowns.
- Mario Williams has hauled in 13 receptions totaling 216 yards, finding the end zone one time as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Tahj Washington has hauled in 11 grabs for 153 yards, an average of 38.3 yards per game..
- Tuli Tuipulotu leads the team with 3.0 sacks, and also has 5.0 TFL and 11 tackles.
- Eric Gentry, USC’s tackle leader, has 29 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and one interception this year.
- Max Williams has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 21 tackles and two passes defended to his name.
Arizona State Betting Insights
- Arizona State has covered the spread once in four games this season.
- Arizona State has not gone over a point total in four games with a set over/under.
Arizona State Stats & Insights
- Arizona State is accumulating 376.0 total yards per game on offense this season (90th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up 351.0 total yards per game (56th-ranked).
- From an offensive standpoint, Arizona State is generating 26.0 points per game (93rd-ranked). It ranks 56th in the FBS on the other side of the ball (22.3 points allowed per game).
- On offense, Arizona State is a bottom-25 passing attack, generating only 186.7 passing yards per game (25th-worst). Fortunately, it is thriving on the other side of the ball, surrendering just 172.7 passing yards per contest (23rd-best).
- Arizona State ranks 46th in the FBS with 189.3 rushing yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 106th with 178.3 rushing yards given up per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- Arizona State has been unproductive on both offense and defense on third down this season, ranking eighth-worst in third-down conversion percentage (25.7%) and 21st-worst in third-down percentage allowed (44.4%).
- At +1, Arizona State owns the 45th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with four forced turnovers (84th in the FBS) and three turnovers committed (25th in the FBS).
Arizona State’s Best Players
- Emory Jones has 821 passing yards, or 205.3 per game, so far this season. He has completed 60.6% of his passes and has recorded three touchdowns with two interceptions.
- Xazavian Valladay has run for 391 yards on 60 carries so far this year while scoring four times on the ground.
- Daniyel Ngata has run for 125 yards across 21 carries.
- Elijhah Badger has totaled 22 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 293 (73.3 yards per game). He’s been targeted 29 times and has one touchdown.
- Giovanni Sanders has caught 10 passes and compiled 164 receiving yards (41.0 per game).
- Andre Johnson has racked up 93 reciving yards (23.3 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Merlin Robertson has racked up 1.0 sack to lead the team, while also picking up 1.0 TFL and 23 tackles.
- So far Kyle Soelle leads the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has racked up 30 tackles and two interceptions this season.