Table of Contents
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (2-3) will host the Duke Blue Devils (4-1) on Saturday at 4:00 PM ET.
The Blue Devils are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-3), against the Yellow Jackets. The over/under for this matchup is 54 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Duke vs. Georgia Tech
- Game Day: Saturday, October 8, 2022
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: RSN
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic Grant Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Duke Betting Insights
- Georgia Tech has covered the spread twice in five opportunities this season.
- When it has played as at least 3-point underdogs this year, Georgia Tech is 2-2 against the spread.
- Georgia Tech’s five games with a set total this year have all finished under or pushed the over/under.
Duke Stats & Insights
- On offense, Duke ranks 40th in the FBS with 444.2 yards per game. Meanwhile, its defense ranks 71st in total defense (373.4 yards allowed per contest).
- On offense, Duke ranks 38th in the FBS with 35.0 points per game. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 28th in points allowed (373.4 points allowed per contest).
- Duke ranks 70th in pass offense (243.8 passing yards per game) and 86th in pass defense (242.4 passing yards allowed per game) this year.
- Duke ranks 27th in run offense (200.4 rushing yards per game) and 56th in run defense (131.0 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
- In addition to a 46.4% third-down percentage allowed on defense, which ranks 15th-worst in the FBS, Duke has put up the 61st-ranked third-down percentage (41.1%) on offense.
- With 10 forced turnovers (20th in the FBS) against two turnovers committed (fifth in the FBS), Duke’s +8 turnover margin is the fifth-best in college football.
Duke’s Best Players
- Riley Leonard has been a dual threat for Duke so far this season. He has 1,176 passing yards, completing 72% of his passes and recording seven touchdown passes and two interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 260 yards (52.0 ypg) on 41 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- Jaylen Coleman has racked up 308 yards on 58 carries while finding paydirt four times as a runner.
- Jalon Calhoun has hauled in 23 receptions for 356 yards (71.2 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone two times as a receiver.
- Eli Pancol has put up a 218-yard season so far, hauling in 12 passes on 23 targets.
- Jordan Moore has a total of 215 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 22 passes and scoring three touchdowns.
- Ja’Mion Franklin has 2.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has 2.0 TFL and four tackles.
- Shaka Heyward is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s racked up 17 tackles and 1.0 TFL.
- Darius Joiner leads the team with one interception, while also putting up seven tackles and one pass defended.
Georgia Tech Betting Insights
- Georgia Tech is 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- Georgia Tech is a 2-2 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 3 points or more this season.
- Georgia Tech’s five games with a set total this season have all gone under or pushed the over/under.
Georgia Tech Stats & Insights
- Georgia Tech’s offense has been bottom-25 in total offense this season, compiling 316.0 total yards per game, which ranks 18th-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 102nd with 413.4 total yards allowed per contest.
- Georgia Tech’s offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, putting up 16.2 points per game, which ranks ninth-worst in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, it ranks 92nd with 29.6 points ceded per contest.
- Georgia Tech ranks 17th-worst in passing yards per game (168.2), but it has been more effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 64th in the FBS with 223.0 passing yards allowed per contest.
- Georgia Tech ranks 77th in rushing yards per game (147.8), but it has been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking 23rd-worst in the FBS with 190.4 rushing yards surrendered per contest.
- Georgia Tech ranks ninth-worst in third-down conversion percentage (29.3%), but it has been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 63rd in the FBS with a 37.0% third-down rate allowed.
- Georgia Tech owns a top-25 turnover margin this season, ranking ninth-best at +7.
Georgia Tech’s Best Players
- Jeff Sims has thrown for 841 yards (168.2 ypg) to lead Georgia Tech, completing 56.6% of his passes and collecting three touchdown passes and two interceptions this season. He is also a playmaker on the ground, racking up 206 yards (41.2 ypg) on 67 carries with one touchdown.
- Hassan Hall is his team’s leading rusher with 44 carries for 260 yards, or 52.0 per game.
- Nate McCollum paces his squad with 182 receiving yards on 21 catches.
- Malachi Carter has caught nine passes and compiled 158 receiving yards (31.6 per game) with one touchdown.
- E.J. Jenkins’ 19 targets have resulted in nine receptions for 142 yards and two touchdowns.
- Keion White leads the team with 3.0 sacks, and also has 4.0 TFL and 15 tackles.
- Georgia Tech’s leading tackler, Ayinde Eley, has 31 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and three sacks this year.
- Charlie Thomas has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 31 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended to his name.