Table of Contents
Adrian Martinez and the Kansas State Wildcats (4-1) will visit Xavier Hutchinson and the Iowa State Cyclones (3-2) on Saturday at 7:30 PM ET, in a battle featuring two of the biggest stars in college football on offense.
The Wildcats are favored, but by less than a field goal (-2), versus the Cyclones. The over/under for this game is 45 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Kansas State vs. Iowa State
- Game Day: Saturday, October 8, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Ames, Iowa
- Stadium: Jack Trice Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Kansas State Betting Insights
- Iowa State has covered the spread twice in five opportunities this year.
- Iowa State is a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 2 points or more this season.
- Two of Iowa State’s five games with a set total have hit the over (40%).
Kansas State Stats & Insights
- Kansas State is compiling 406.4 yards per game on offense, which ranks 69th in the FBS. On the other side of the ball, the Wildcats rank 66th, allowing 370.2 yards per contest.
- Kansas State owns the 59th-ranked offense this season (32.4 points per game), and has been more effective on defense, ranking 25th-best with just 18.2 points allowed per game.
- While Kansas State’s pass defense ranks 69th with 226.4 passing yards allowed per game,the offense has been worse, ranking 10th-worst (139.2 passing yards per game).
- Kansas State ranks 71st in run defense this year (143.8 rushing yards allowed per game), but has been shining on offense, ranking fourth-best in the FBS with 267.2 rushing yards per game.
- While Kansas State ranks 15th-worst in the FBS in third-down percentage at 31.9%, it’s been a different situation on the other side of the ball, ranking 15th-best (28.2% third-down conversion rate allowed).
- Kansas State has forced 11 total turnovers (17th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over two times (fifth in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +9, the second-best in college football.
Kansas State’s Best Players
- Martinez leads Kansas State with 654 yards (130.8 ypg) on 74-of-119 passing with three touchdowns and zero interceptions this season. He also has 469 rushing yards on 72 carries while scoring nine touchdowns on the ground.
- Deuce Vaughn has 638 rushing yards on 110 carries with three touchdowns.
- Malik Knowles’ leads his squad with 157 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 15 catches (out of 22 targets) and scored one touchdown.
- Phillip Brooks has hauled in 16 receptions totaling 155 yards, finding the end zone one time as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Kade Warner has racked up 14 receptions for 133 yards, an average of 26.6 yards per game. He’s scored one time as a receiver this season.
- Felix Anudike has 5.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has 4.0 TFL and 18 tackles.
- Kobe Savage has 24 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two interceptions, and leads the team in both tackles and interceptions.
Iowa State Betting Insights
- Iowa State is 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- Iowa State is 1-0 against the spread so far when playing as at least 2-point underdogs.
- Iowa State hase hit the over in two of five games with a set total (40%).
Iowa State Stats & Insights
- Iowa State has been excelling on the defensive side of the ball, surrendering just 255.4 total yards per contest (eighth-best). Offensively, it ranks 84th by compiling 381.6 total yards per game.
- Iowa State ranks 91st in the FBS with 26.0 points per contest, but it has been led by its defense, which ranks 12th-best by giving up only 14.4 points per contest.
- Iowa State ranks 43rd in the FBS with 269.6 passing yards per game, but it has been carried by its defense, which ranks 15th-best by surrendering only 172.4 passing yards per contest.
- On offense, Iowa State is a bottom-25 rushing attack, posting only 112.0 rushing yards per game (21st-worst). Fortunately, it is excelling on the defensive side of the ball, ceding just 83.0 rushing yards per contest (ninth-best).
- Iowa State ranks 33rd in the FBS with a 46.2% third-down conversion rate, but it has been led by its defense, which ranks 22nd-best by allowing a 29.0% third-down rate.
- Iowa State has compiled nine forced turnovers (28th in the FBS) and committed nine turnovers (99th in the FBS) this season for a 0 turnover margin that ranks 100th in the FBS.
Iowa State’s Best Players
- Hunter Dekkers leads Iowa State with 1,316 yards on 131-of-189 passing with 11 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- Jirehl Brock has rushed for 361 yards on 65 carries so far this year while scoring two times on the ground.
- Deon Silas has racked up 110 yards (on 29 carries) with two touchdowns.
- Hutchinson has registered 49 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 504 (100.8 yards per game). He’s been targeted 72 times and has five touchdowns.
- Jaylin Noel has put up a 253-yard season so far. He’s caught 23 passes on 32 targets.
- Dimitri Stanley’s 19 targets have resulted in 12 catches for 162 yards and one touchdown.
- Will McDonald IV paces the team with 1.5 sacks, and also has 2.0 TFL and 11 tackles.
- O’Rien Vance is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s amassed 23 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks.
- Colby Reeder leads the team with two interceptions, while also collecting 15 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two passes defended.