Table of Contents
The South Carolina Gamecocks (3-2) play on Saturday at 7:30 PM ET at Kroger Field against the Kentucky Wildcats (4-1).
The Wildcats are double-digit favorites (currently -10) in their game versus the Gamecocks, with the over/under being 49 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Wildcats are -412 and the Gamecocks are +310.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Kentucky vs. South Carolina
- Game Day: Saturday, October 8, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: SEC Network
- Location: Lexington, Kentucky
- Stadium: Kroger Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Kentucky Betting Insights
- South Carolina is 2-3-0 against the spread this year.
- South Carolina is 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 10 points or greater this season.
- South Carolina games have gone over the point total in three out of five opportunities (60%).
Kentucky Stats & Insights
- On the defensive side of the ball, Kentucky has been a top-25 unit, ranking 20th-best by allowing just 297.4 yards per game. The offense ranks 96th (367.8 yards per game).
- On defense, Kentucky has been a top-25 unit, ranking 14th-best by surrendering just 14.8 points per game. The offense ranks 78th (28.8 points per game).
- Kentucky has the 32nd-ranked offense this season in terms of passing yards (281.0 passing yards per game), and has been better defensively, ranking 17th-best with only 173.6 passing yards allowed per game.
- Kentucky has been a bottom-25 run offense this season, ranking eighth-worst with 86.8 rushing yards per contest. On the defensive side of the ball, the Wildcats are ranked 48th in the FBS (123.8 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Kentucky ranks 30th in third-down conversion rate this season (46.8%), but has been shining on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 22nd-best in the FBS with a 29.0% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- Kentucky has forced five total turnovers (96th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over eight times (77th in the FBS) for -3a turnover margin of -3, 100th-ranked in college football.
Kentucky’s Best Players
- Will Levis has thrown for 1,405 yards (281.0 ypg) to lead Kentucky, completing 68.8% of his passes and collecting 12 touchdown passes compared to four interceptions this season.
- Kavosiey Smoke has carried the ball 53 times for a team-high 269 yards on the ground and has found the end zone one time as a runner.
- Christopher Rodriguez Jr. has been handed the ball 19 times this year and racked up 72 yards (14.4 per game) with one touchdown.
- Tayvion Robinson’s leads his squad with 365 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 24 catches (out of 27 targets) and scored three touchdowns.
- Barion Brown has put together a 282-yard season so far with two touchdowns, hauling in 15 passes on 22 targets.
- Dane Key has been the target of 20 passes and compiled 17 catches for 269 yards, an average of 53.8 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone three times through the air this season.
- Alex Afari leads the team with 1.0 sack, and also has 1.0 TFL and seven tackles.
- DeAndre Square, Kentucky’s tackle leader, has 22 tackles and 1.0 TFL this year.
- Jacquez Jones leads the team with one interception, while also recording 13 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended.
South Carolina Betting Insights
- South Carolina is 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- South Carolina has not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 10 points or more this season (0-1).
- The teams have hit the over in three of South Carolina’s five games with a set total.
South Carolina Stats & Insights
- From an offensive standpoint, South Carolina is putting up 395.4 total yards per game (76th-ranked). It ranks 61st in the FBS defensively (365.4 total yards surrendered per game).
- In terms of points scored South Carolina ranks 34th in the FBS (35.6 points per game), and it is 79th on defense (27.2 points allowed per contest).
- South Carolina’s pass defense has been leading the way for the team, as it ranks 24th-best in the FBS with 180.0 passing yards allowed per contest. In terms of offense, it is generating 257.2 passing yards per game, which ranks 52nd.
- From an offensive standpoint, South Carolina is putting up 138.2 rushing yards per contest (89th-ranked). It ranks 106th in the FBS on the other side of the ball (185.4 rushing yards allowed per game).
- In terms of third-down efficiency, South Carolina ranks 87th in the FBS (36.4% third-down conversion rate) and 92nd on the other side of the ball (41.8% third-down rate allowed).
- South Carolina has registered seven forced turnovers (61st in the FBS) and committed 13 turnovers (127th in the FBS) this season for a -6 turnover margin that ranks 100th in the FBS.
South Carolina’s Best Players
- Spencer Rattler has racked up 1,120 yards on 64.9% passing while recording four touchdown passes with seven interceptions this season.
- MarShawn Lloyd has rushed for 324 yards on 53 carries so far this year while scoring six times on the ground. He’s also added 13 catches, totaling 118 yards and two touchdowns through the air.
- Juju McDowell has racked up 118 yards on 34 carries with two touchdowns.
- Antwane Wells Jr. paces his team with 309 receiving yards on 24 receptions with one touchdown.
- Jalen Brooks has caught 17 passes and compiled 298 receiving yards (59.6 per game).
- Jaheim Bell has racked up 121 reciving yards (24.2 ypg) this season.
- Jordan Burch paces the team with 1.0 sack. He’s also the team’s tackle leader, and has amassed 3.0 TFL and 15 tackles.
- Marcellas Dial leads the team with two interceptions, while also putting up six tackles and two passes defended.