Table of Contents
At 3:30 PM ET on Saturday, the East Carolina Pirates (3-2) play at the Tulane Green Wave (4-1).
The Pirates are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+3), versus the Green Wave (with an over/under of 53 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Tulane vs. East Carolina
- Game Day: Saturday, October 8, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Stadium: Yulman Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Tulane Betting Insights
- East Carolina’s ATS record is 4-1-0 this season.
- When it has played as at least 3-point underdogs this season, East Carolina is 1-0 against the spread.
- Three of East Carolina’s five games with a set total have hit the over (60%).
Tulane Stats & Insights
- Defensively, Tulane has been a top-25 unit, ranking ninth-best by giving up only 259.6 yards per game. The offense ranks 74th (397.4 yards per game).
- On the defensive side of the ball, Tulane has been a top-25 unit, ranking 11th-best by giving up only 14.2 points per game. The offense ranks 59th (32.4 points per game).
- Tulane sports the 77th-ranked offense this year in terms of passing yards (236.8 passing yards per game), and has been more effective defensively, ranking best with just 123.6 passing yards allowed per game.
- Tulane is averaging 160.6 rushing yards per game offensively this year (64th in the FBS), and is giving up 136.0 rushing yards per game (61st) on defense.
- Tulane ranks 89th in third-down efficiency (36.1%) on offense and 32nd in third-down percentage allowed (30.8%) on defense this season.
- Tulane has the 100th-ranked turnover margin in college football at -1, forcing five turnovers (96th in the FBS) while turning it over six times (46th in the FBS).
Tulane’s Best Players
- Michael Pratt has 905 passing yards for Tulane, completing 63.5% of his passes and tossing seven touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He’s also helped out on the ground with 197 rushing yards (39.4 ypg) on 38 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Tyjae Spears has compiled 259 rushing yards on 62 carries, scoring six touchdowns. He’s also added 191 yards (38.2 per game) on 13 catches with one touchdown.
- This season, Iverson Celestine has carried the ball 43 times for 202 yards (40.4 per game).
- Shae Wyatt has hauled in 11 catches for 220 yards (44.0 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone one time as a receiver.
- Deuce Watts’ eight catches have turned into 154 yards and two touchdowns.
- Dorian Williams, the team’s tackle and sacks leader, has recorded 1.0 sack, 3.0 TFL, 26 tackles, and one interception.
- Macon Clark has picked off a team-high one pass. He also has 20 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and one pass defended to his name.
East Carolina Betting Insights
- So far this year, East Carolina has compiled a 4-1-0 record against the spread.
- East Carolina is 1-0 against the spread so far when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- East Carolina games have gone over the point total in three out of five opportunities (60%).
East Carolina Stats & Insights
- East Carolina’s offense has been dominant, piling up 486.2 total yards per contest (15th-best) this season. On defense, it ranks 63rd by giving up 367.0 total yards per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, East Carolina is compiling 35.2 points per contest (37th-ranked). It ranks 34th in the FBS on the other side of the ball (20.6 points surrendered per game).
- East Carolina’s pass defense ranks 81st in the FBS with 238.2 passing yards given up per contest, but it has been bolstered by its offense, which ranks 16th-best by piling up 314.2 passing yards per contest.
- In terms of rushing, East Carolina ranks 54th in the FBS on offense (172.0 rushing yards per game) and 54th on the other side of the ball (128.8 rushing yards allowed per game).
- East Carolina’s third-down offense has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks 14th-best in the FBS with a 50.7% third-down conversion rate. In terms of defense, it is surrendering a 34.3% third-down rate, which ranks 45th.
- After forcing seven turnovers (61st in the FBS) and turning the ball over five times (29th in the FBS) this season, East Carolina owns the 40th-ranked turnover margin of +2.
East Carolina’s Best Players
- Holton Ahlers has 1,532 passing yards, or 306.4 per game, so far this season. He has completed 68.6% of his passes and has collected 15 touchdowns with three interceptions. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 16.2 rushing yards per game while scoring as a runner one time.
- The team’s top rusher, Keaton Mitchell, has carried the ball 46 times for 386 yards (77.2 per game) with three touchdowns.
- Rahjai Harris has run for 238 yards across 67 attempts, scoring five touchdowns.
- Isaiah Winstead leads his team with 475 receiving yards on 34 catches with two touchdowns.
- C.J. Johnson has racked up 420 receiving yards (84.0 yards per game) and six touchdowns on 22 receptions.
- Jaylen Johnson’s 17 receptions (on 29 targets) have netted him 203 yards (40.6 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Shaundre Mims has 1.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has 1.0 TFL and five tackles.
- Teagan Wilk, East Carolina’s top tackler, has 18 tackles and 1.0 TFL this year.
- Julius Wood has picked off a team-high one pass. He also has seven tackles and one pass defended to his name.