The Arizona State Sun Devils (1-4) play on Saturday at 4:00 PM ET at Sun Devil Stadium against the Washington Huskies (4-1).
The Huskies are expected to win by at least two scores (currently -13) against the Sun Devils. The over/under for this game is 57 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Washington vs. Arizona State
- Game Day: Saturday, October 8, 2022
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Pac-12 Network
- Location: Tempe, Arizona
- Stadium: Sun Devil Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Washington Betting Insights
- Arizona State is 2-3-0 against the spread this year.
- Arizona State is 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 13 points or more this season.
- Arizona State has gone over in one of five games with a set total (20%).
Washington Stats & Insights
- On offense, Washington has been a top-25 unit, ranking seventh-best in the FBS by averaging 506.6 yards per game. The defense ranks 45th (341.4 yards allowed per game).
- Offensively, Washington has been a top-25 unit, ranking 12th-best in the FBS by compiling 41.6 points per game. The Huskies rank 57th on defense (23.2 points allowed per game).
- Washington owns the 75th-ranked defense this season in terms of passing yards (233.4 allowed per game), and has been more effective on offense, ranking third-best with 364.0 passing yards per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, Washington ranks 84th in the FBS with 142.6 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defensive unit ranks 31st in rushing yards allowed per contest (108.0).
- While Washington ranks 12th-worst in the FBS in third-down efficiency on defense with a 47.2% third-down conversion rate allowed, it’s been a different situation offensively, where the Huskies rank 10th-best in the FBS (52.1% third-down conversion rate).
- With seven forced turnovers (61st in the FBS) against four turnovers committed (17th in the FBS), Washington’s +3+3 turnover margin ranks 34th in college football.
Washington’s Best Players
- Michael Penix Jr. has thrown for 1,733 yards (346.6 ypg) to lead Washington, completing 65.4% of his passes and recording 16 touchdown passes compared to three interceptions this season.
- Wayne Taulapapa has 355 rushing yards on 58 carries with three touchdowns. He’s also added eight catches for 96 yards (19.2 per game) and one touchdown via the passing game.
- This season, Cameron Davis has carried the ball 38 times for 165 yards (33.0 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Jalen McMillan’s team-high 428 yards as a receiver have come on 27 catches (out of 43 targets) with four touchdowns.
- Rome Odunze has hauled in 26 passes while averaging 81.8 yards per game and scoring four touchdowns.
- Ja’Lynn Polk’s 14 receptions have yielded 271 yards and four touchdowns.
- Bralen Trice has 4.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has 4.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Washington’s top-tackler, Alphonzo Tuputala, has 29 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and three sacks this year.
- Asa Turner has a team-leading two interceptions to go along with seven tackles and two passes defended.
Arizona State Betting Insights
- Arizona State has covered the spread twice in five opportunities this season.
- Arizona State has a 1-1 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 13 points or more this season.
- Arizona State has hit the over in one of five games with a set total (20%).
Arizona State Stats & Insights
- Arizona State ranks 102nd with 345.2 total yards per game on offense, and it ranks 92nd with 400.6 total yards given up per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- In terms of points scored Arizona State ranks 104th in the FBS (23.2 points per game), and it is 87th on defense (28.6 points allowed per game).
- With 212.8 passing yards per game on offense, Arizona State ranks 90th in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 67th, surrendering 225.2 passing yards per contest.
- With 132.4 rushing yards per game on offense, Arizona State ranks 96th in the FBS. On defense it ranks 102nd, giving up 175.4 rushing yards per contest.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, this season has been tough for Arizona State on both offense and defense, as it is compiling a 32.2% third-down conversion percentage (17th-worst) and conceding a 47.8% conversion rate (ninth-worst).
- Arizona State sports a -1 turnover margin this season, which ranks 100th in the FBS.
Arizona State’s Best Players
- Emory Jones leads Arizona State with 1,064 yards on 89-of-141 passing with four touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Xazavian Valladay, has carried the ball 73 times for 455 yards (91.0 per game) with five touchdowns. He’s also caught nine passes for 84 yards and one touchdown.
- Daniyel Ngata has racked up 154 yards on 26 carries.
- Elijhah Badger’s 319 receiving yards (63.8 yards per game) lead the team. He has 24 receptions on 31 targets with one touchdown.
- Giovanni Sanders has caught 13 passes and compiled 181 receiving yards (36.2 per game).
- Bryan Thompson’s 10 targets have resulted in seven catches for 108 yards.
- Khoury Bethley has racked up 1.0 sack to lead the team, while also picking up 3.0 TFL and 23 tackles.
- Kyle Soelle has been all over the field, leading the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has 39 tackles and two interceptions so far.