Table of Contents
D.J. Uiagalelei will lead the Clemson Tigers (5-0) into their matchup versus the Florida State Seminoles (4-1) at Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium on Saturday at 7:30 PM ET.
The Seminoles are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+3.5), versus the Tigers (with an over/under of 51 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Clemson vs. Florida State
- Game Day: Saturday, October 15, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Tallahassee, Florida
- Stadium: Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Clemson Betting Insights
- So far this season, Florida State has compiled a 3-2-0 record against the spread.
- Florida State is 1-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- In Florida State’s five games with a set total, two have hit the over (40%).
Clemson Stats & Insights
- Clemson is averaging 439.2 yards per game on offense (42nd in the FBS), and rank 32nd on defense, yielding 332.8 yards allowed per game.
- Clemson ranks 41st in scoring defense this season (21.4 points allowed per game), but has been thriving on the offensive side of the ball, ranking 12th-best in the FBS with 41 points per game.
- Clemson is putting up 261.8 passing yards per game on offense this season (48th in the FBS), and is allowing 262.6 passing yards per game (104th) on defense.
- On defense, Clemson has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking second-best by giving up only 70.2 per game. The Tigers rank 48th on offense (177.4 rushing yards per game).
- On offense, Clemson has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking ninth-best in the FBS by averaging a 52.6% third-down percentage. The defense ranks 53rd on defense (36% third-down conversion rate allowed).
- Clemson ranks 26th in college football with a +4 turnover margin after forcing 8 turnovers (59th in the FBS) while committing four (13th in the FBS).
Clemson’s Best Players
- Uiagalelei has thrown for 1,461 yards, completing 64.2% of his passes and collecting 14 touchdowns and two interceptions this season. He’s also run for 320 yards (53.3 ypg) on 67 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Will Shipley has 446 rushing yards on 76 carries with eight touchdowns.
- Beaux Collins’ leads his squad with 290 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 18 receptions (out of 30 targets) and scored five touchdowns.
- Antonio Williams has put up a 258-yard season so far with one touchdown, reeling in 22 passes on 27 targets.
- Joseph Ngata has been the target of 28 passes and compiled 16 receptions for 255 yards, an average of 42.5 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone one time through the air this season.
- Myles Murphy has collected two sacks to pace the team, while also picking up one TFL and 12 tackles.
- Clemson’s top-tackler, Trenton Simpson, has 24 tackles this year.
- Barrett Carter leads the team with one interception, while also recording 24 tackles, two TFL, two sacks, and one pass defended.
Florida State Betting Insights
- Florida State is 3-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Florida State is a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this season.
- Out of Florida State’s five games with a set total, two have hit the over (40%).
Florida State Stats & Insights
- Florida State’s defense ranks 28th in the FBS with 329.4 total yards allowed per game, but it has been lifted up by its offense, which ranks 18th-best by piling up 481.6 total yards per contest.
- With 34.2 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, Florida State ranks 43rd in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 38th, surrendering 21.2 points per contest.
- Florida State’s pass defense has been leading the way for the team, as it ranks 21st-best in the FBS with 179.4 passing yards ceded per game. In terms of offense, it is posting 277.8 passing yards per game, which ranks 33rd.
- Florida State’s run defense ranks 80th in the FBS with 150 rushing yards surrendered per game, but it has been bolstered by its offense, which ranks 25th-best by accumulating 203.8 rushing yards per game.
- Florida State’s third-down offense has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks 20th-best in the FBS with a 48.4% third-down conversion percentage. In terms of defense, it is surrendering a 37.9% third-down rate, which ranks 68th.
- Florida State has compiled seven forced turnovers (75th in the FBS) and committed five turnovers (21st in the FBS) this season for a +2 turnover margin that ranks 43rd in the FBS.
Florida State’s Best Players
- Jordan Travis leads Florida State with 1,407 yards on 98-of-156 passing with nine touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 158 rushing yards (26.3 ypg) on 28 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Treshaun Ward has rushed 72 times for 488 yards, with three touchdowns.
- Trey Benson has piled up 47 carries and totaled 303 yards with three touchdowns.
- Johnny Wilson’s 417 receiving yards (69.5 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 21 catches on 37 targets with three touchdowns.
- Ontaria Wilson has 18 receptions (on 29 targets) for a total of 298 yards (49.7 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Mycah Pittman’s 28 targets have resulted in 21 catches for 260 yards and three touchdowns.
- Jared Verse paces the team with four sacks, and also has six TFL and 17 tackles.
- Tatum Bethune, Florida State’s leading tackler, has 38 tackles, five TFL, and one sack this year.
- Greedy Vance leads the team with one interception, while also putting up seven tackles and one pass defended.