Table of Contents
On Saturday at 7:30 PM ET, the Memphis Tigers (4-2) will visit the East Carolina Pirates (3-3).
The Pirates are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-5), against the Tigers. The over/under for this game is 58.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for East Carolina vs. Memphis
- Game Day: Saturday, October 15, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Greenville, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bagwell Field at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
East Carolina Betting Insights
- Memphis has covered the spread twice in six opportunities this year.
- Memphis is 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 5 points or more this year.
- The teams have hit the over in five of Memphis’ six games with a set total.
East Carolina Stats & Insights
- Offensively, East Carolina has been a top-25 unit, ranking 22nd-best in the FBS by putting up 475.0 yards per game. The defense ranks 66th (371.2 yards allowed per game).
- East Carolina ranks 68th in scoring offense (30.8 points per game) and 38th in scoring defense (21.2 points allowed per game) this season.
- East Carolina sports the 97th-ranked defense this year in terms of passing yards (256.8 allowed per game), and has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 18th-best with 309.8 passing yards per game.
- East Carolina is averaging 165.2 rushing yards per game offensively this year (57th in the FBS), and is giving up 114.3 rushing yards per game (31st) on defense.
- Offensively, East Carolina has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking 22nd-best in the FBS by averaging a 48.3% third-down conversion rate. The defense ranks 52nd on defense (35.8% third-down conversion rate allowed).
- East Carolina has the 100th-ranked turnover margin in college football at even, forcing seven turnovers (75th in the FBS) while turning it over seven times (52nd in the FBS).
East Carolina’s Best Players
- Holton Ahlers has racked up 1,820 yards (303.3 ypg) on 152-of-226 passing with 16 touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season. In addition, he’s added 98 rushing yards (16.3 ypg) on 36 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Keaton Mitchell has carried the ball 56 times for a team-high 433 yards on the ground and has found the end zone three times as a runner. He’s also tacked on 11 catches for 91 yards (15.2 per game).
- Rahjai Harris has carried the ball 67 times for 238 yards (39.7 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Isaiah Winstead’s team-leading 565 yards as a receiver have come on 43 catches (out of 66 targets) with two touchdowns.
- C.J. Johnson has grabbed 25 passes while averaging 78.5 yards per game and scoring seven touchdowns.
- Ryan Jones has racked up 25 grabs for 250 yards, an average of 41.7 yards per game. He’s scored four times as a receiver this season.
- Xavier Smith has racked up 2.0 sacks to lead the team, while also picking up 2.0 TFL and 11 tackles.
- Teagan Wilk, East Carolina’s tackle leader, has 20 tackles and 1.0 TFL this year.
- Jireh Wilson has a team-leading one interception to go along with seven tackles and one pass defended.
Memphis Betting Insights
- Memphis is 2-4-0 against the spread this season.
- Memphis is winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 5-point underdogs.
- Five of Memphis’ six games with a set total have hit the over (83.3%).
Memphis Stats & Insights
- From an offensive angle, Memphis is putting up 408.3 total yards per contest (69th-ranked). It ranks 98th in the FBS defensively (410.7 total yards given up per game).
- From an offensive angle, Memphis is posting 34.0 points per game (44th-ranked). It ranks 78th in the FBS on defense (27.3 points allowed per game).
- Memphis’ defense has been bottom-25 in pass defense this season, ceding 301.0 passing yards per game, which ranks seventh-worst in the FBS. On offense, it ranks 52nd with 259.7 passing yards per contest.
- From an offensive standpoint, Memphis is compiling 148.7 rushing yards per game (75th-ranked). It ranks 28th in the FBS on defense (109.7 rushing yards given up per game).
- Memphis ranks 66th in the FBS with a 39.5% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and 84th with a 40.7% third-down percentage allowed on the defensive side of the ball.
- Memphis sports a top-25 turnover margin this season, ranking second-best at +9.
Memphis’ Best Players
- Seth Henigan has recored 1,517 passing yards, or 252.8 per game, so far this season. He has completed 63.6% of his passes and has collected 10 touchdowns with one interception. He’s also contributed on the ground with 28.8 rushing yards per game while scoring as a runner two times.
- Jevyon Ducker is his team’s leading rusher with 45 carries for 225 yards, or 37.5 per game. He’s found paydirt two times on the ground, as well.
- Asa Martin has racked up 223 yards (on 35 carries) with one touchdown, while also grabbing 14 passes for 151 yards and one touchdown.
- Gabriel Rogers leads his team with 302 receiving yards on 22 catches.
- Eddie Lewis has caught 20 passes and compiled 229 receiving yards (38.2 per game) with one touchdown.
- Caden Prieskorn has racked up 219 reciving yards (36.5 ypg) and six touchdowns this season.
- Cormontae Hamilton has 2.0 sacks to pace the team, and also has 2.0 TFL and 19 tackles.
- Xavier Cullens is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s collected 45 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two interceptions.
- Quindell Johnson leads the team with three interceptions, while also putting up 35 tackles and three passes defended.