Table of Contents
The Minnesota Vikings (4-1) enter a matchup with the Miami Dolphins (3-2) on Sunday, October 16, 2022 at Hard Rock Stadium on a three-game winning streak.
The Dolphins are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+3), against the Vikings (with an over/under of 45.5 points).
Game Info, Betting Lines for Minnesota Vikings vs. Miami Dolphins
- Game Day: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Miami Gardens, Florida
- Stadium: Hard Rock Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Vikings
- The Vikings is 1-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Vikings are 0-3 against the spread when favored by 3 points or more this season.
- The Vikings have gone over in three of its five games with a set total (60%).
Stats & Insights for Vikings
- The Vikings are totaling 361 yards per game on offense, which ranks them 10th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 24th, giving up 369.8 yards per game.
- The Vikings rank 12th in scoring offense (23 points per game) and 14th in scoring defense (20.4 points allowed per game) this year.
- The Vikings are totaling 259.2 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them eighth in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 22nd, allowing 249.4 passing yards per contest.
- The Vikings are totaling 101.8 rushing yards per game on offense this year (21st in NFL), and they are surrendering 120.4 rushing yards per game (20th) on defense.
- The Vikings are putting up a 42.9% third-down percentage on offense this season (seventh in NFL), and they are surrendering a 36.2% third-down percentage (14th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Vikings are putting up 5.7 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 16th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 25th, allowing 6.2 yards per play.
- The Vikings own the ninth-ranked turnover margin in the league at +1, forcing seven turnovers (13th in NFL) while turning it over six times (10th in NFL).
Vikings’ Best Players
- Kirk Cousins: 1,327 PASS YDS / 265.4 YPG / 66.2% / 7 TD / 5 INT
- Dalvin Cook: 81 CAR / 373 YDS / 74.6 YPG / 3 TD / 11 REC / 74 YDS / 14.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Alexander Mattison: 29 CAR / 94 YDS / 18.8 YPG / 1 TD / 8 REC / 58 YDS / 11.6 YPG / 1 TD
- Justin Jefferson: 40 REC / 547 YDS / 109.4 YPG / 2 TD
- Adam Thielen: 25 REC / 248 YDS / 49.6 YPG / 1 TD
- K.J. Osborn: 16 REC / 159 YDS / 31.8 YPG / 1 TD
- Za’Darius Smith: 11 TKL / 7 TFL / 3.5 SACK
- Jordan Hicks: 45 TKL / 1 SACK / 1 INT / 3 PD
- Josh Metellus: 13 TKL / 1 INT / 2 PD
Betting Insights for Dolphins
- The Dolphins have a 3-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Dolphins have a 2-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 3 points or more this season.
- The Dolphins have hit the over in two of five games with a set total (40%).
Stats & Insights for Dolphins
- With 347.8 total yards per game on offense, the Dolphins rank 16th in the NFL in 2022. Defensively, they rank 25th, allowing 386.8 total yards per game.
- The Dolphins have been struggling on defense, ranking fourth-worst with 26.2 points allowed per game. They have been more effective on the other side of the ball, regstering 23 points per contest (12th-ranked).
- On the defensive side of the ball, the Dolphins are a bottom-five pass unit, surrendering 276.8 passing yards per game (fifth-worst). On the bright side, they are thriving on the other side of the ball, accumulating 265 passing yards per contest (fifth-best).
- The Dolphins’ running game has been struggling, ranking third-worst in the NFL with 82.8 rushing yards per game. They have been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, allowing 110 rushing yards per contest (13th-ranked).
- The Dolphins rank 12th in third-down conversion percentage (40.7%) on offense, but they’ve been less productive defensively, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with a 49.2% third-down percentage allowed.
- While the Dolphins’ defense has had trouble stopping opposing offenses, ranking fifth-worst by surrendering 6.3 yards per play, their offense is fourth-best with 6.3 yards per play.
- With four forced turnovers (26th in NFL) and six turnovers committed (10th in NFL) this season, the Dolphins rank 23rd in the NFL with a turnover margin of -2.
Best Players for Dolphins
- Tua Tagovailoa: 1,035 PASS YDS / 207 YPG / 69.6% / 8 TD / 3 INT
- Raheem Mostert: 57 CAR / 260 YDS / 52 YPG / 1 TD / 7 REC / 65 YDS / 13 YPG / 0 TD
- Chase Edmonds: 29 CAR / 86 YDS / 17.2 YPG / 2 TD / 8 REC / 68 YDS / 13.6 YPG / 1 TD
- Tyreek Hill: 38 REC / 524 YDS / 104.8 YPG / 2 TD
- Jaylen Waddle: 24 REC / 404 YDS / 80.8 YPG / 3 TD
- Mike Gesicki: 9 REC / 101 YDS / 20.2 YPG / 1 TD
- Melvin Ingram: 9 TKL / 3 TFL / 2 SACK / 1 PD
- Brandon Jones: 36 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 SACK / 2 PD
- Jevon Holland: 23 TKL / 1.5 SACK / 1 INT / 3 PD