Table of Contents
One of the top wide receivers in college football will be featured when Seydou Traore and the Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-3) visit the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (2-2) on Saturday, October 15, 2022.
The Golden Eagles are the favorites (-4) in their game versus the Red Wolves, with the over/under at 54.5 points. (On the moneyline, the Golden Eagles are -179 and the Red Wolves are +145.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Southern Miss vs. Arkansas State
- Game Day: Saturday, October 15, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- Stadium: M.M. Roberts Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Southern Miss Betting Insights
- Arkansas State’s ATS record is 5-1-0 this year.
- Arkansas State is 3-1 against the spread when an underdog by 4 points or more this season.
- Arkansas State has gone over in four of their six games with a set total (66.7%).
Southern Miss Stats & Insights
- Southern Miss is averaging 367.8 yards per game offensively this season (94th in the FBS), and are allowing 394.3 yards per game (86th) on defense.
- Southern Miss is totaling 31.3 points per game on offense (64th in the FBS), and ranks 53rd on defense with 23.3 points allowed per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, Southern Miss ranks 78th in the FBS with 235.0 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 76th in passing yards allowed per contest (235.5).
- Southern Miss ranks 93rd in run offense (132.8 rushing yards per game) and 89th in run defense (158.8 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- While Southern Miss’ third-down defense ranks 70th with a 38.0% third-down conversion rate allowed per game, the offense has been worse, ranking 18th-worst with a 32.7% third-down percentage.
- With seven forced turnovers (75th in the FBS) against eight turnovers committed (62nd in the FBS), Southern Miss’ -1-1 turnover margin ranks 100th in college football.
Southern Miss’ Best Players
- Zach Wilcke has recorded 660 yards (132.0 ypg) on 61-of-105 passing with five touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season.
- Frank Gore Jr. has 381 rushing yards on 77 carries with three touchdowns.
- Ty Keyes has carried the ball 13 times for 60 yards (12.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jason Brownlee’s team-leading 330 yards as a receiver have come on 23 receptions (out of 43 targets) with three touchdowns.
- Jakarius Caston has hauled in 20 receptions totaling 262 yards, finding the end zone three times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Jalen May has a total of 87 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing two passes and scoring one touchdown.
- Dominic Quewon has collected 5.0 sacks to lead the team, while also recording 4.0 TFL and seven tackles.
- So far Malik Shorts leads the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has totaled 22 tackles and two interceptions this season.
Arkansas State Betting Insights
- So far this season, Arkansas State has put together a 5-1-0 record against the spread.
- Arkansas State is a 3-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 4 points or more this year.
- In Arkansas State’s six games with a set total, four have hit the over (66.7%).
Arkansas State Stats & Insights
- Arkansas State is accumulating 394.0 total yards per contest on offense this season (78th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 361.4 total yards per game (57th-ranked).
- With 34.6 points per game on offense, Arkansas State ranks 36th in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 93rd, surrendering 29.8 points per contest.
- With 254.0 passing yards per game on offense, Arkansas State ranks 59th in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 81st, allowing 239.8 passing yards per game.
- Arkansas State ranks 86th in the FBS with 140.0 rushing yards per game on offense, and it ranks 41st with 121.6 rushing yards surrendered per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- Arkansas State ranks 70th in the FBS with a 39.2% third-down conversion rate, but it has been carried by its defense, which ranks 16th-best by surrendering a 28.6% third-down rate.
- With three forced turnovers (123rd in the FBS) and three turnovers committed (sixth in the FBS) this season, Arkansas State ranks 100th in the FBS with a turnover margin of 0.
Arkansas State’s Best Players
- James Blackman has put up 1,459 passing yards, or 243.2 per game, so far this season. He has completed 68.5% of his passes and has recorded nine touchdowns with one interception.
- The team’s top rusher, Brian Snead, has carried the ball 71 times for 276 yards (46.0 per game) with six touchdowns.
- Johnnie Lang Jr. has piled up 64 carries and totaled 266 yards with two touchdowns while also gaining 154 yards through the air with two touchdowns.
- Traore’s 366 receiving yards (61.0 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 23 receptions on 26 targets with two touchdowns.
- Champ Flemings has put together a 300-yard season so far with one touchdown. He’s caught 26 passes on 27 targets.
- Jeff Foreman has racked up 216 reciving yards (36.0 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
- Dennard Flowers has 3.0 sacks to pace the team, and also has 3.0 TFL and six tackles.
- Arkansas State’s leading tackler, Jordan Carmouche, has 23 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack this year.
- Eddie Smith has picked off a team-leading one pass. He also has 10 tackles and one pass defended to his name.