Table of Contents
At Raymond James Stadium on Saturday, the Tulane Green Wave (5-1) meet the South Florida Bulls (1-5).
The Bulls are expected to lose by at least two scores (currently +12) against the Green Wave (with an over/under of 54.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Tulane vs. South Florida
- Game Day: Saturday, October 15, 2022
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Tulane Betting Insights
- South Florida is 2-4-0 against the spread this year.
- South Florida is a 2-1 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 12 points or more this season.
- South Florida games have gone over the point total in four out of six opportunities (66.7%).
Tulane Stats & Insights
- Tulane ranks 75th in total offense this season (396.5 yards per game), but has been thriving on defense, ranking 17th-best in the FBS with 396.5 yards allowed per game.
- Tulane owns the 67th-ranked offense this season (31.0 points per game), and has been more effective defensively, ranking seventh-best with only 13.3 points allowed per game.
- On the defensive side of the ball, Tulane has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking fifth-best by giving up just 151.0 passing yards per game. The Green Wave rank 56th on offense (255.7 passing yards per game).
- Tulane is compiling 140.8 rushing yards per game on offense (85th in the FBS), and ranks 56th on defense with 135.2 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Tulane ranks 80th in third-down efficiency (37.3%) on offense and 31st in third-down conversion rate allowed (31.9%) on defense this season.
- Tulane has the 52nd-ranked turnover margin in college football at +1, forcing seven turnovers (75th in the FBS) while turning it over six times (38th in the FBS).
Tulane’s Best Players
- Michael Pratt has 1,231 pass yards for Tulane, completing 67.7% of his passes and collecting nine touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 181 rushing yards (30.2 ypg) on 47 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Tyjae Spears has 312 rushing yards on 78 carries with six touchdowns. He’s also tacked on 15 catches for 195 yards (32.5 per game) and one touchdown through the air.
- Iverson Celestine has been handed the ball 50 times this year and racked up 206 yards (34.3 per game).
- Shae Wyatt has hauled in 16 catches for 265 yards (44.2 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone one time as a receiver.
- Deuce Watts has reeled in 12 passes while averaging 41.2 yards per game and scoring three touchdowns.
- Jha’Quan Jackson’s 12 grabs are good enough for 218 yards and two touchdowns.
- Armoni Dixon paces the team with 1.0 sack, and also has 1.0 TFL.
- Tulane’s top-tackler, Nick Anderson, has 32 tackles and 1.0 TFL this year.
- Macon Clark has a team-high two interceptions to go along with 29 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and two passes defended.
South Florida Betting Insights
- South Florida has covered the spread twice in six opportunities this season.
- South Florida is a 2-1 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 12 points or more this year.
- South Florida has gone over in four of their six games with a set total (66.7%).
South Florida Stats & Insights
- South Florida ranks 101st in total yards per game (349.2), but it has been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking eighth-worst in the FBS with 475.5 total yards conceded per contest.
- South Florida has been sputtering on defense, ranking 14th-worst with 36.3 points allowed per game. It has been better on offense, compiling 24.3 points per contest (100th-ranked).
- South Florida’s passing offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, putting up 168.2 passing yards per game, which ranks 16th-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 96th with 256.7 passing yards allowed per contest.
- South Florida ranks 44th in rushing yards per game (181.0), but it has been less productive defensively, ranking eighth-worst in the FBS with 218.8 rushing yards surrendered per contest.
- From an offensive angle, South Florida is putting up a 39.2% third-down conversion rate (70th-ranked). It ranks 91st in the FBS defensively (42.0% third-down rate allowed).
- South Florida owns a +1 turnover margin this season, which ranks 52nd in the FBS.
South Florida’s Best Players
- Gerry Bohanon has thrown for 961 yards (160.2 ypg) to lead South Florida, completing 55.3% of his passes and collecting five touchdown passes and six interceptions this season. He is also a playmaker on the ground, racking up 327 yards (54.5 ypg) on 55 carries with two touchdowns.
- Brian Battie is his team’s leading rusher with 74 carries for 473 yards, or 78.8 per game. He’s found the end zone four times on the ground, as well.
- Xavier Weaver’s 419 receiving yards (69.8 yards per game) are a team high. He has 32 receptions on 52 targets with two touchdowns.
- Jimmy Horn Jr. has put up a 244-yard season so far with two touchdowns. He’s caught 13 passes on 20 targets.
- Omarion Dollison’s 12 targets have resulted in seven receptions for 85 yards.
- Jatorian Hansford has racked up 2.5 sacks to lead the team, while also recording 3.0 TFL and 11 tackles.
- Dwayne Boyles is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s amassed 21 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and one interception.
- Aamaris Brown leads the team with two interceptions, while also collecting six tackles and two passes defended.