Table of Contents
The Washington Commanders (1-4) head into a matchup with the Chicago Bears (2-3) on Thursday, October 13, 2022 at Soldier Field on a four-game losing streak.
The Commanders are favored, but by less than a field goal (-1.5), versus the Bears. The over/under for this matchup is 38 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Washington Commanders vs. Chicago Bears
- Game Day: Thursday, October 13, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: Amazon Prime Video
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Soldier Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Commanders
- The Commanders are 1-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Commanders are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when favored by 1.5 points or more this season.
- Two of the Commanders’ five games with a set total have hit the over (40%).
Stats & Insights for Commanders
- The Commanders are totaling 341.6 yards per game on offense, which ranks them 19th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 17th, surrendering 345.6 yards per contest.
- The Commanders are putting up 18 points per game on offense, which ranks them 26th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 25th, surrendering 25.6 points per contest.
- The Commanders are totaling 252.6 passing yards per game offensively this year (10th in NFL), and they are surrendering 235 passing yards per game (19th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Commanders have been a bottom-five run offense this year, ranking fifth-worst with 89 rushing yards per game. Defensively, they are ranked 14th in the NFL (110.6 rushing yards allowed per game).
- The Commanders own the 20th-ranked offense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (38.2% conversion rate), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best with a 30.4% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- The Commanders are putting up 5.3 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 23rd in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 19th, giving up 5.9 yards per play.
- With one forced turnover (32nd in NFL) against eight turnovers committed (22nd in NFL), the Commanders’ -7 turnover margin is the second-worst in the league.
Commanders’ Best Players
- Carson Wentz: 1,390 PASS YDS / 278 YPG / 62.9% / 10 TD / 6 INT / 17 CAR / 77 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Antonio Gibson: 56 CAR / 179 YDS / 35.8 YPG / 2 TD / 16 REC / 134 YDS / 26.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Terry McLaurin: 19 REC / 326 YDS / 65.2 YPG / 1 TD
- Curtis Samuel: 32 REC / 281 YDS / 56.2 YPG / 2 TD
- J.D. McKissic: 24 REC / 159 YDS / 31.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Jamin Davis: 23 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 SACK
- Cole Holcomb: 47 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 PD
- Darrick Forrest: 23 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 3 PD
Betting Insights for Bears
- The Bears is 2-2-1 against the spread this year.
- The Bears have a 2-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this year.
- Out of theBears’ five games with a set total, two have hit the over (40%).
Stats & Insights for Bears
- The Bears’ offense has been bottom-five in total offense this season, posting 274 total yards per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 22nd with 367.2 total yards surrendered per contest.
- From an offensive angle, the Bears are putting up 17.2 points per game (27th-ranked). They rank 15th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (21.2 points allowed per game).
- The Bears’ passing game has been struggling, ranking worst in the NFL with 116.6 passing yards per game. They have been more effective defensively, giving up 197.2 passing yards per contest (ninth-ranked).
- While the Bears’ run defense has been stuck in neutral, ranking second-worst by ceding 170 rushing yards per game, their offense is the fifth-best at 157.4 rushing yards per contest.
- The Bears have lots of room to improve on third down, as they rank fifth-worst in third-down conversion rate (35%) and are worst in third-down rate allowed (50.7%).
- The Bears are compiling 5.5 yards per play on offense this season (20th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 5.8 yards per play (17th-ranked) on defense.
- With eight forced turnovers (eighth in NFL) and eight turnovers committed (22nd in NFL) this season, the Bears rank 17th in the NFL with a turnover margin of 0.
Best Players for Bears
- Justin Fields: 679 PASS YDS / 135.8 YPG / 55.7% / 3 TD / 4 INT / 42 CAR / 194 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Khalil Herbert: 56 CAR / 328 YDS / 65.6 YPG / 3 TD / 5 REC / 37 YDS / 7.4 YPG / 0 TD
- Darnell Mooney: 10 REC / 173 YDS / 34.6 YPG / 0 TD
- Equanimeous St. Brown: 6 REC / 110 YDS / 22 YPG / 1 TD
- Cole Kmet: 9 REC / 101 YDS / 20.2 YPG / 0 TD
- Trevis Gipson: 11 TKL / 3 TFL / 2 SACK / 2 PD
- Roquan Smith: 54 TKL / 2 TFL / 0.5 SACK / 1 INT / 2 PD
- Eddie Jackson: 39 TKL / 1 TFL / 3 INT / 3 PD