Table of Contents
Mohamed Ibrahim will lead the Minnesota Golden Gophers (4-2) into their matchup against the Penn State Nittany Lions (5-1) at Beaver Stadium, on Saturday at 7:30 PM ET.
The Nittany Lions are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-5), versus the Golden Gophers. The over/under for this matchup is 44.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Penn State vs. Minnesota
- Game Day: Saturday, October 22, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: University Park, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Beaver Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Penn State Betting Insights
- Minnesota is 4-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The teams have hit the over in three of Minnesota’s six games with a set total.
Penn State Stats & Insights
- Penn State is totaling 414.3 yards per game offensively this season (63rd in the FBS), and are allowing 378.5 yards per game (68th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- Penn State ranks 55th in points scored this year (31.5 points per game), but has been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking 22nd-best in the FBS with 19.2 points allowed per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, Penn State ranks 73rd in the FBS with 235.3 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 81st in passing yards allowed per contest (241).
- Penn State ranks 45th in run offense (179 rushing yards per game) and 58th in run defense (137.5 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Penn State ranks 105th in third-down efficiency (33.8%) on offense and 55th in third-down percentage allowed (36.6%) on defense this year.
- Penn State has the 12th-best turnover margin in college football at +7, forcing 13 turnovers (13th in the FBS) while turning it over six times (21st in the FBS).
Penn State’s Best Players
- Sean Clifford has recorded 1,150 yards (191.7 ypg) on 92-of-156 passing with nine touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season. In addition, he’s added 150 rushing yards (25 ypg) on 33 carries while scoring four touchdowns on the ground.
- Nicholas Singleton has racked up 473 yards on 68 carries while finding the end zone five times.
- This season, Kaytron Allen has carried the ball 63 times for 319 yards (53.2 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Parker Washington’s team-high 318 yards as a receiver have come on 23 catches (out of 35 targets).
- Mitchell Tinsley has caught 24 passes for 282 yards (47 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- Brenton Strange has a total of 240 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 16 passes and scoring four touchdowns.
- Dani Dennis-Sutton has collected three sacks to pace the team, while also recording three TFL and eight tackles.
- Ji’Ayir Brown is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s picked up 33 tackles, two TFL, one sack, and two interceptions.
- Zakee Wheatley has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 15 tackles and two passes defended to his name.
Minnesota Betting Insights
- So far this season, Minnesota has compiled a 4-2-0 record against the spread.
- Out of Minnesota’s six games with a set total, three have hit the over (50%).
Minnesota Stats & Insights
- Minnesota ranks 38th in the FBS with 442.7 total yards per contest, but it has been led by its defense, which ranks sixth-best by allowing only 263.7 total yards per game.
- Minnesota’s defensive unit has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks fourth-best in the FBS with 11.7 points surrendered per contest. In terms of offense, it is posting 34.5 points per game, which ranks 37th.
- Minnesota has been excelling on pass defense, giving up just 159.2 passing yards per contest (fifth-best). On offense, it ranks 94th in the FBS by posting 214.8 passing yards per game.
- In terms of rushing, Minnesota has dominated on both sides of the ball this season, ranking 16th-best in rushing yards per game (227.8) and 20th-best in rushing yards allowed per game (104.5).
- On third down, Minnesota has excelled on both offense and defense this season, ranking best in third-down conversion percentage (66.2%) and best in third-down rate allowed (21.9%).
- Minnesota has produced nine forced turnovers (68th in the FBS) and committed nine turnovers (57th in the FBS) this season for a 0 turnover margin that ranks 100th in the FBS.
Minnesota’s Best Players
- Tanner Morgan has racked up 1,164 yards (194 per game) while completing 66.9% of his passes and recording seven touchdown passes with five interceptions this season. He’s also rushed for 74 yards with four touchdowns.
- Ibrahim is his team’s leading rusher with 104 carries for 694 yards, or 115.7 per game. He’s found paydirt nine times on the ground, as well.
- Treyson Potts has racked up 62 carries and totaled 304 yards with three touchdowns.
- Brevyn Spann-Ford has totaled 18 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 252 (42 yards per game). He’s been targeted 28 times and has one touchdown.
- Mike Brown-Stephens has put together a 233-yard season so far. He’s caught 15 passes on 24 targets.
- Chris Autman-Bell has racked up 214 reciving yards (35.7 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Danny Striggow paces the team with three sacks, and also has four TFL, 13 tackles, and one interception.
- Mariano Sori-Marin, Minnesota’s tackle leader, has 37 tackles and three TFL this year.
- Jordan Howden has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 21 tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended to his name.